• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU plans to introduce Sonny Dykes as school’s next football coach on Tuesday

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU plans to introduce Sonny Dykes as school’s next football coach on Tuesday: sources

AP21283155687027.jpg
BY DREW DAVISON

TCU plans to formally introduce SMU coach Sonny Dykes as its next football coach on Tuesday, sources told the Star-Telegram.

Dykes emerged as the top target for the Frogs following a national search as the Star-Telegram reported last week. The sides didn’t want to make it “official” until after the regular season but news leaked Friday that Dykes would be leaving SMU for rival TCU.

Dykes and TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati have yet to publicly confirm the move. Dykes declined to answer a question on the subject from The Dallas Morning News following SMU’s regular-season finale on Saturday. Donati declined comment when asked by the Star-Telegram during TCU’s season finale at Iowa State on Friday.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article256078622.html#storylink=cpy

Slots

TCU plans to introduce Sonny Dykes as school’s next football coach on Tuesday: sources

AP21283155687027.jpg
BY DREW DAVISON

TCU plans to formally introduce SMU coach Sonny Dykes as its next football coach on Tuesday, sources told the Star-Telegram.

Dykes emerged as the top target for the Frogs following a national search as the Star-Telegram reported last week. The sides didn’t want to make it “official” until after the regular season but news leaked Friday that Dykes would be leaving SMU for rival TCU.

Dykes and TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati have yet to publicly confirm the move. Dykes declined to answer a question on the subject from The Dallas Morning News following SMU’s regular-season finale on Saturday. Donati declined comment when asked by the Star-Telegram during TCU’s season finale at Iowa State on Friday.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article256078622.html#storylink=cpy
I just got one question where is Dykes going to live?
I'm assuming he lived in Fort Worth when he coached over here with Patterson
Did he commute to Dallas?
He's got to live in Fort Worth
TCU people and Fort Worth people will NOT put up with him commuting from Dallas
This seems trivial but we want an answer!

bp4tcu

Good grief man. Of all the things to worry about, this is what you land on.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
North Richland Hills, represent!

One good thing is that is difficult to imagine any scenario under the way that things are currently structured, where a coach with a recent winning record at TCU would leave to go to SMU. SMU is definitely a step down right now in terms of facilities, revenue generated, etc., which is also why we should never lose to them.

John Lydgate nailed it....."You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please

all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time".......

The Dyke's hire being a perfect example. ;)

Planks

I think when you are paid $5 million or whatever a year to do a coaching job, there is an expectation that you won’t be waisting your valuable time every day sitting in traffic commuting from a different city.

Eight

you aren't familiar with the underground hyperrail tunnel running from highland park to west dallas?

Kingsman+pneumatic+tube.jpg

rumor is you have to have an escrow attorney on retainer to have access​