• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU makes history with ranked road victory over No. 15 Iowa State

Moose Stuff

@Skip Jansen
Skip Jansen’s last post on January 6, 2021:

“I'm just going to spell it out so there isn't any confusion.

TCU is 10th out of 10 in the Big 12 pecking order. And, it's really not even close. The gap between 9 and 10 is large.

Anybody who knows anything about basketball would tell you the exact same thing.

Everyone is entitled to their own expectations. That's their deal. This coaching staff is not perfect but they have exceeded what most people thought they could.

If that's not good enough, fine. But, that's the reality of the situation.”
Just comes across as bitter IMO. And I don’t agree at all with the “exceeded” comment. I think we all had pretty high expectations when Dixon was hired.

Moose Stuff

First, it wasn't an accurate description of last year's team. We didn't finish last in the conference. There was actually a team that went 0-18 and it wasn't us. So saying that we're 10th by a lot simply isn't accurate.

Second, I don't think he was actually referring to last year's team specifically but instead the general standing of the program as it relates to getting recruits and being able to have success. So you can certainly make am argument that we are 10 out of 10 in that department. But there's no way that there's a massive gap between whoever #10 is and whoever #9 is the way he said. I'm not sure there's even a massive gap between whoever #5 is and whoever #10 is.
For me personally I lost all interest in anything Skip had to say after he penned this stroke of basketball genius….

0D11C6DE-D130-4749-B238-A834F3C36473.jpeg

Horned Toad

First, it wasn't an accurate description of last year's team. We didn't finish last in the conference. There was actually a team that went 0-18 and it wasn't us. So saying that we're 10th by a lot simply isn't accurate.

Second, I don't think he was actually referring to last year's team specifically but instead the general standing of the program as it relates to getting recruits and being able to have success. So you can certainly make am argument that we are 10 out of 10 in that department. But there's no way that there's a massive gap between whoever #10 is and whoever #9 is the way he said. I'm not sure there's even a massive gap between whoever #5 is and whoever #10 is.
You are correct about the standings, we finished third worst. Skip’s comments were from early January, not at the end of the year so he was definitely not talking about where we finished. My inference should have been more about the overall state of the basketball program and not that team specifically, but that was a dysfunctional team and was representative of the state of the program. I agree with you that Skip’s comments were about the basketball “pecking order”. I feel we have been arguably last in the Big 12 basketball pecking order since joining the conference unlike in football or baseball or rifle team, etc. I don’t like that fact, but it is what it is until it isn’t. We are still a work in progress on our spot on the totem pole. Hopefully, the continued and sustained improvement of the team and commitment from the administration will help move us up a few notches.

SoonerFrogs

The all college tournament brings back some memories. Saw a game there where TCU started off the game on a 20-5 run and lost to OU. Strickland, Reggie Smith, Albert and Kurt Thomas all on that team. Fun times.