• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU loses commitment from its top 2020 recruit

Froggish

How many a Louisiana kids have we actually beaten LSU for over the years? Rogers and D Raymond? Jenkins will be the 3rd if he signs (hopefully he works out better than the last two) Tevin Lawson and A Washington were both committed at one point but asked to look elsewhere right? Our best Louisiana kids like Cain, J Young, Turpin, Lathan, C Hunter.... never had an LSU offer. The bigger issue than LSU being really good is TCU continuing to be really mediocre.

Word on the recruiting street is that LSU is really trying to leverage their #1 ranking by going after more national 4-5 star recruits. Because of that, they are walking back there offers on a ton of local recruits. That is why your hearing a of LSU “Decommits”

Eight

Word on the recruiting street is that LSU is really trying to leverage their #1 ranking by going after more national 4-5 star recruits. Because of that, they are walking back there offers on a ton of local recruits. That is why your hearing a of LSU “Decommits”

that type of thing can bite you in the ass when you have sold the identity of your program on the concept of building a fence around louisiana.

i understand leveraging your success, but don't crap where you live and hit the next class hard. not like they have been offering scrubs this year

Mean Purple

Recruiting is a big part of success if you want to be at the National Champ level. Bama has 4 stars riding pine willing to wait and Start as the 1 for one year. Because they know it is a winning system and 1 year as a starter is worth the development to get to the pros. Georgia and Clemson are getting that way.

Moose Stuff

So LSU being good could actually benefit us.... which makes some sense when you consider it.

Christcu

TCU loses commitment from its top 2020 recruit

By Drew Davison

TCU football lost its top recruit on Thursday night.

Newton defensive end James Sylvester announced on his Twitter account that he’d be re-opening his recruitment. The 6-foot-4, 225-pounder is rated as a four-star prospect and the No. 39 overall player in Texas by 247Sports.

“First off, I would like the thank God for blessing me with the opportunity to further my education and to play the sport that I love on the next level,” Sylvester wrote. “I would also like to thank my family and close friends for helping me through this very difficult decision. However I will be de-committing from TCU and re-opening my recruitment. Much love. #24 out.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article237646214.html#storylink=cpy