• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU is playing its ‘best basketball.’ What if it were in the NCAAs, not NIT ...

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU is playing its ‘best basketball.’ What if it were in the NCAAs, not NIT ...

By Drew Davison

The Big 12 has disappointed in the NCAA Tournament.

The conference sent six teams to the Big Dance, and only one (Texas Tech) has reached the Sweet 16. It’s the fewest since one school advanced to the Sweet 16 in the 2013 tournament.

For TCU, the disappointment of being “snubbed” by the selection committee continues to linger and its heightened by the program playing what coach Jamie Dixon described as its “best basketball” in the NIT.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article228391394.html#storylink=cpy

BleedNPurple

We would have folded after the first NCAA game. Sorry but true. Hope we win the NIT again- that would be a great accomplishment going into next season. Most of the NIT teams are bubble teams - we just had too many injuries and transfers to overcome. I hope this team has noticed that top NCAA teams make their free throws. When you watch Duke vs Kentucky or NC - nobody misses a free throw. Free throws killed us this year IMHO!

Eight

We would have folded after the first NCAA game. Sorry but true. Hope we win the NIT again- that would be a great accomplishment going into next season. Most of the NIT teams are bubble teams - we just had too many injuries and transfers to overcome. I hope this team has noticed that top NCAA teams make their free throws. When you watch Duke vs Kentucky or NC - nobody misses a free throw. Free throws killed us this year IMHO!

when i watch duke and kentucky what i see is an insane amount of talent that overcomes, especially for duke, bad 3-point shooting and free throw shooting

duke for the year is 31% from 3 and 68% from the free throw line. they were 7 of 12 in free throws againts ucf, but have incredible talent in those 4 freshmen