• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football players boycott practice after coach repeats slur used by player

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU football players boycott practice after coach repeats slur used by player

By Drew Davison

TCU head football coach Gary Patterson told a player to stop using the N-word in team meetings and, in doing so during a testy exchange at practice on Sunday, repeated the racial slur himself.

Linebacker Dylan Jordan described his version of the incident in a lengthy social media post Monday, saying Patterson’s use of the N-word prompted a number of players to boycott Monday’s practice.

Jordan alleges that during Sunday’s practice Patterson called him “a f------ brat. I’ll send you back to Pitt,” referring to Jordan’s hometown of Pittsburg, Kansas.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article244688892.html#storylink=cpy

WhatTheFrog

Wouldn’t it be nice if these so called journalists did a little fact checking before publishing false stories?
True newscasters no longer exist. All facts (and some falsehoods) presented now are tainted with bias and opinion. Sucks that you now have to go to 5 or 6 different sources to discover what the undisputed facts are.

Eight

None of these idiots confirmed a single part of the story before writing their articles yesterday.

you had the one website and then 247 rush to posts what "reportedly" happened only to have to pull those backs

have either apologized for what was implied in their initial reports?

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
you had the one website and then 247 rush to posts what "reportedly" happened only to have to pull those backs

have either apologized for what was implied in their initial reports?
Not to my knowledge and I wouldn't expect to see an apology or correction. To paraphrase the Buggles... "Twitter killed the journalist star."

Absolutely and inexcusably STUPID to say the N-word in any context. Coach P should have known better. Really incredibly stupid for him to repeat the word ? No excuse for that.

Dylan Jordan was being a jerk no doubt and he was pizzzed at Coach P for other issues and he found a way to to get Coach P to take the bait and say the bad word. Coach P should have known better.

It is NEVER EVER OK for a Coach to say that word in ANY CONTEXT WHATSOEVER. Is Coach P innocent. YES. Is he stupid for taking the bait Jordan put out there for him. Yes. Coach P should have known better. Really stupid.

It is NEVER EVER OK to say that word. EVER. Especially a Coach and especially a Head Coach. Any Coach should know if he says that word IN ANY CONTEXT, it will be twisted by anyone who has an axe to grind with the Coach.

Coach P was really really dumb to take the bait. Any white person who uses that word IN ANY CONTEXT WHATSOEVER is an idiot. Especially a Head Coach of a college football team and especially in this racially charged environment.

Patterson should be ashamed. NEVER EVER EVER use that word. NEVER !! Cant believe a college Head Coach would not know that if he used that word a disgruntled player might twist how he said it. Incredibly stupid of Patterson. Wow !!

this is for all you PATERSON apologists and to show how INCREDIBLY STUPID Patterson was to repeat a terrible word -

Lets imagine you are a teacher of young girls 22 yrs old or younger maybe. Lets also imagine your own two daughters are in the audience and they are very sweet and innocent young women.

One nasty girl calls another one a MOTHER FU--ING BIT-H (rhymes with which) WHO-E (rhymes with more).

Instead of you as the teacher telling everyone including all the nice polite innocent girls in the room to not use bad words, you actually repeat the exact reprehensible nastiness and dirty names. You specifically say the exact same dirty disgusting words.

Is this how adults act ? Or are the adults in the room supposed to be the mature leaders of young people who show proper restraint and civility ?

Patterson was a complete idiot to repeat a disgusting insulting dirty word. Even if he said don't use it. You still DO NOT REPEAT IT. What a moron thing to do. Especially as the President of the Coaches Assn. In my view he should resign as President of the Assn (but not resign as Coach).

He is NOT innocent !! He repeated a disgusting slur. Adults don't do that. A kid says something disgusting - the adult leader corrects him - the adult leader doesn't repeat the same disgusting slur !! Geeez. How dumb is Patterson ? Makes we wonder now.

ifrog

this is for all you PATERSON apologists and to show how INCREDIBLY STUPID Patterson was to repeat a terrible word -

Lets imagine you are a teacher of young girls 22 yrs old or younger maybe. Lets also imagine your own two daughters are in the audience and they are very sweet and innocent young women.

One nasty girl calls another one a MOTHER FU--ING BIT-H (rhymes with which) WHO-E (rhymes with more).

Instead of you as the teacher telling everyone including all the nice polite innocent girls in the room to not use bad words, you actually repeat the exact reprehensible nastiness and dirty names. You specifically say the exact same dirty disgusting words.

Is this how adults act ? Or are the adults in the room supposed to be the mature leaders of young people who show proper restraint and civility ?

Patterson was a complete idiot to repeat a disgusting insulting dirty word. Even if he said don't use it. You still DO NOT REPEAT IT. What a moron thing to do. Especially as the President of the Coaches Assn. In my view he should resign as President of the Assn (but not resign as Coach).

He is NOT innocent !! He repeated a disgusting slur. Adults don't do that. A kid says something disgusting - the adult leader corrects him - the adult leader doesn't repeat the same disgusting slur !! Geeez. How dumb is Patterson ? Makes we wonder now.

we get it, you don’t need to paste this in every thread.

4 Oaks Frog

This gotcha cancel cloture revisionist history vibe we are living through is really beginning to make me ill. Seriously! I think it is chipping away at my physical and mental health. There is only so much one can take, and I am about at my limit. Normally, I would just ignore something that bugged me so much. But, you can’t ignore this. It’s everywhere in everything you see and do. Aren’t you tired of walking on egg shell? If it doesn’t kill me first, I hope it doesn’t drive me to do something crazy.
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fok baylor & all this [ Finebaum ]!!

Putt4Purple

Absolutely and inexcusably STUPID to say the N-word in any context. Coach P should have known better. Really incredibly stupid for him to repeat the word ? No excuse for that.

Dylan Jordan was being a jerk no doubt and he was pizzzed at Coach P for other issues and he found a way to to get Coach P to take the bait and say the bad word. Coach P should have known better.

It is NEVER EVER OK for a Coach to say that word in ANY CONTEXT WHATSOEVER. Is Coach P innocent. YES. Is he stupid for taking the bait Jordan put out there for him. Yes. Coach P should have known better. Really stupid.

It is NEVER EVER OK to say that word. EVER. Especially a Coach and especially a Head Coach. Any Coach should know if he says that word IN ANY CONTEXT, it will be twisted by anyone who has an axe to grind with the Coach.

Coach P was really really dumb to take the bait. Any white person who uses that word IN ANY CONTEXT WHATSOEVER is an idiot. Especially a Head Coach of a college football team and especially in this racially charged environment.

Patterson should be ashamed. NEVER EVER EVER use that word. NEVER !! Cant believe a college Head Coach would not know that if he used that word a disgruntled player might twist how he said it. Incredibly stupid of Patterson. Wow !!

Thanks for the rant. Unfortunately for you, because of your reputation on this board your opinion matters little. Others with more credit can make opinions more receptive to the Frog Nation. Move on to your next rant.

LoudFrog

Voldemort

Throughout the series, Rowling establishes that Voldemort is so feared in the wizarding world that it is considered dangerous even to speak his name. Most characters in the novels refer to him as "You-Know-Who" or "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" rather than say his name aloud.

Voldemort

Throughout the series, Rowling establishes that Voldemort is so feared in the wizarding world that it is considered dangerous even to speak his name. Most characters in the novels refer to him as "You-Know-Who" or "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" rather than say his name aloud.