1. The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football players asking coaches to show support following George Floyd’s death

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by TopFrog, May 30, 2020.

1. dude, i am just no match for that raptor whit of your's

[​IMG]

HFrog1999 likes this.
  2. Come on moose, are you really going to say you haven’t ever taken things to absurd extremes? Just about every poster here has been guilty of that at least once. I know I have.

3. “raptor whit”?

[​IMG]

Eight likes this.
  4. hey, at my advanced age i wouldn't know the difference between rapier or raptor right?

Salfrog and HFrog1999 like this.
  5. Well, it goes beyond disrespecting. You know what I mean (or maybe you don't). Scream, cuss, saying nasty things, ok....completely classless, disrespectful thing to do but police have to stay calm. Start throwing things, threatening them, blatantly ignoring orders that are meant to keep people at large safe, then you had it coming. But I admit, I probably have less patience for people acting like total jackasses and having zero respect for law enforcement than you do.

Good Lord.

6. I’ve only watched Live PD a couple of times. However, it’s shocking to see how much absolutely crazy stuff that’s going on around America during normal times. There’s no way I could be a cop and deal with what they have to.

7. If you read his posts and find him to be just like every other poster then I can't help you at all. People complain that we so often can't have rational discussions about this stuff and posters like him are the EXACT reason why.

Salfrog, AroundWorldFrog and Eight like this.
  8. So just to be clear you're advocating for citizens to have complete freedom to disrespect police officers and suffer no consequences? How about running them over with cars? Shooting them? Good lord right back at you.

9. I think one time when I got pulled over for speeding, I forgot to say sir. I'm a scheissing rebel, man.

But in all seriousness, if you give respect to police, they'll most likely give it back. The last thing I would do if I ever found myself in a situation where I was being arrested would be to fight them. Use some brains, no matter what race you are.

Salfrog and Moose Stuff like this.
  10. I was taught from a young age to give absolute respect to people of authority even if they might not deserve it. Obviously you can come up with exceptions to this and I'm not giving anyone a pass for abusing their authority (especially in a violent manner).... but as a general rule you avoid potential trouble in most instances with respectful behavior. My favorite is the guy who can't follow simple rules on a plane. Had a guy next to me last summer who refused to get off his cell phone at take off. He was asked respectfully twice, not very respectfully a third time, and then was basically told put it away or you will be removed from the plane. He then says to the stewardess "try that, please". Dude behind me who was about 6'4 300 says "how about I just beat your ass right here". That pretty much ended it but I feel like most of the plane would have enjoyed seeing that.

11. That’s not what I was saying. I picked the wrong time to make a sarcastic post.

12. I'm glad Wex clarified because I think it explains his position better. I think the stuff he described goes beyond "disrespect" so it makes more sense.

But yes, you should be able to "disrespect" a police officer. If you flip off a police officer, you have that right without getting beaten. That makes you a disrespectful fool, but it's within your rights.

13. As disingenuous of a tweet as was ever written. scheiss CBS

He and his father were being attacked and beaten and after firing twice in the air was still being attacked and shot the looter.

Salfrog and Showtime Joe 2.0 like this.
  14. I agree, the extremes of President aderolhead bonespurs tweeting death threats to his subjects from his underground bunker is extremely extreme. Like, so Yugely extreme I've never seen anything like it. We need a strong leader in this moment and ours leader is hiding in his underground bunker tweeting death threats to Americans. All facts. Insane.

15. I ran this post through an N-7 generator just for fun:

So you were not aware of that fag, I see. Would you like to give me one excitement of a historic clamour brought dowse by its poors?

Or provide a degradation of a fatality politico statistic?

You have anything intelligent at all to say or just trophy me personally some more? Keep trolling me its funny.

16. I am very familiar with Korean history and Nazi history, not sure what gave you an impression otherwise.

You did not provide a definition of a Fascist Police State.

And to your bolded conclusion....[ What the heck? ] are you serious? This is exactly what is happening right now.

17. A police state is a government that exercises power through the power of the police force. Originally, a police state was a state regulated by a civil administration, but since the beginning of the 20th century it has "taken on an emotional and derogatory meaning" by describing an undesirable state of living characterized by the overbearing presence of the civil authorities.[1] The inhabitants of a police state may experience restrictions on their mobility, or on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views, which are subject to police monitoring or enforcement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_state

18. I don't disagree. I guess my point would be more that if you don't flip the guy off you've got a way better chance to not have any problems. Any officer that resorts to physical force because someone flipped him off shouldn't be a police officer, but I don't really feel sorry for the dude who flipped him off and got roughed up either.

Wexahu likes this.
  19. If it was happening right now he would have declared martial law, took over the state's response and law enforcement agencies and began jailing protestors in DC in masse. Trump is doing the opposite.