1. The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football players asking coaches to show support following George Floyd’s death

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by TopFrog, May 30, 2020.

1. first , that would be on the good people of minneapolis wouldn't it or do we throw out our legal system to ensure we get the decisions of guilt that are best for the country?

found i can't control what might happen in the future anymore than i can control other people so try to focus my energy on what positive things i can do each day and only be an asshoe here

Salfrog, Wexahu and Dogfrog like this.
  2. fairly sure the losses are excluded from most insurance policies

3. Based on the video tape he looks guilty as hell. Just kind of scary some of the discussion that presumes guilt “or else”. With Ellison in charge any doubts about fairness to the victim & family are unfounded.

Eight likes this.
  4. I totally get where this is coming from. It runs antithetical to the notion of Justice to presume guilt.

But.....isnt that kind of the reason African Americans are frustrated? That they are presumed guilty on a regular basis? Two wrongs don't make a right, obviously, just something to think about.

5. This isn't you, it's just a little bit of a peeve for me. Why aren't we all just Americans? We separate and designate people as being different when we say African Americans, Asian Americans, Italian Americans. How many generations have to live here before they are just Americans? I mean I kind of understand it, but at the same time, I don't. My wife is a naturalized citizen and she just wants to be an American.

Salfrog likes this.
  6. I think everyone wants that. In fact, I would argue the biggest source of frustration is the fact that African-Americans want that but aren't getting it.

7. No doubt there is a long history of that, and while I am not qualified to comment, it seems to me we have come a very long way. Our police departments are diverse and very well trained in sensitivity. Meantime, the Minneapolis Police Dept has rendered suspects unconscious by neck restraint 44 times in the last five years.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/minneapolis-police-made-44-people-090027914.html
    Do you ever ask yourself what if hypothetically this police officer were mentally ill or maybe Minneapolis is a one-off rogue police department? Meantime there are multiple deaths of unnamed individuals at the hands of so called “protesters” and untold $$$ in damages to private property.
    Whatever the truth is, this sad incident is being exploited politically by people who don’t really seem to care about the subsequent deaths or the destruction of the African American communities they pretend to care so deeply about.

Showtime Joe 2.0 and Todd D. like this.
  8. why would you make this comment?

where did anyone tell you that people don't have a right to be frustrated or mad and that this is a one time event?

if we do not allow the system a chance to work then what do we have in the end? do we allow mob rule and permit whomever to decide the punishment or do we work within the systems?

george floyd tragically wasn't the first which means this problem has persisted for quite some time and despite what some might claim rioting, looting, and violence are not the only way to get the attention of those who can truly enact change.

if it was then why haven't things changed after the watts' riots? the detroit riots? the la riots after the verdict of the officers in the rodney king case? which recent set of protests and riots changed anything?

what hasn't happened is holding those accountable who truly can enact change. stop sending the same people back to their positions in city council, county seats, alderman, wards, state and federal positions if they aren't getting things done.

we better realize tragically this type of thing is going to happen again because people are stupid and historically have done [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ty things to each other pretty much throughout the history of the world.

we also better realize that much like the officer in dallas who was found guilty the penalty might not be what some want because the way the laws are written.

we can't live our lives in fear of what might happen next because if people haven't been paying attention the world continues to show us that it is a scheissed up place at time that we have absolutely no control over. what we can do is try to make an impact each day and focus on the things we truly can control.

9. Not trying to be a snarky, but if people referred to me as a German American, I guess it probably wouldn't be a big deal but I may be a little offended....I mean, I'm an American. Yet calling a black person an African American, no matter how long their families have been living in the United States, almost seems to be a term of respect. They certainly refer to themselves that way all the time.

I don't really get it.

10. now, if we called you a buckeye american i am sure that might rile you up a bit

AroundWorldFrog likes this.
  11. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's because the history behind German immigrants and African Americans in this country is not even remotely comparable?

12. I am part Cherokee, and what the white part of me did to the red one remains a stain on my characters.

13. okay pochahontas

14. To this day I cannot handle my liquor, although I practice a lot.

15. That is one ugly horse.

netty2424 likes this.
  16. species shamer

Salfrog and HG73 like this.
  17. If I'm being honest, Trump is not handling this well at all. The completely tone deaf tweets have become an absolute beating to me. I mean he's always been capable of a tweet that makes you shake your head but some of these.... what the scheiss man? Read the room and maybe adjust course a little bit.

Salfrog, froginmn, Tre J and 3 others like this.