• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football landing running back Zach Evans was a loss disguised as a win | Opinion

hiphopfroggy

Should have stayed with Dominic Richardson. That's the biggest miss in this, we could have Dominic Richardson, now we lost 'em both.
That being said I'm excited to finally see Daimarqua Foster tote the rock.

HornyWartyToad

I didn't get invited to the parties, but I remember the on-field results. Was he part of that drug bust?
IIRC I think Brown got popped on a traffic stop on Bellaire. Seem to recall it was him and a female passenger. Guessing it wasn't his only team infraction, considering he got booted and Sewo got caught later with significant weight and didn't.

Planks

3000 players in the portal????

Schools should immediately pull their athletic aid and tell them best of luck, sayonara, see ya, we are moving on without ya.

Tough article on Evans but probably deserved and spot on.

While guys like Evans make the headlines, my guess is most of the guys in the portal are there because they weren’t getting playing time, and their current coaches made it clear they might be better off looking elsewhere

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
While guys like Evans make the headlines, my guess is most of the guys in the portal are there because they weren’t getting playing time, and their current coaches made it clear they might be better off looking elsewhere
Obviously, still surprised at the 3000 number. I guess that is all levels of NCAA football?

Froggy Style

I'm sorry to see our second best RB leave, I thought his third year would be one where he was able to play more than 50% of the games and 50% of the games he played in.

Real bummer.

Spike

Do those past events in Evans' life exhibit the traits of a talented young man

or that of a perplexed prima donna? hummm....
Glad my college years weren't all over a message board.

If your son was an NFL prospect would you want his career shortened carrying the ball 25 times a game on last year's team?

Not sure how many of you are baseball fans here but I rarely heard criticism of Schloss limiting pitcher's pitch count. Heard other criticisms of him, but that was not one of them.

Eight

A Marijuana charge.

zac eubank omg GIF by Hyper RPG

a in the sense of a plural

believe and brandon carter were lost during the same off season

geefrogs

With NIL money available now, dudes don't have to sell weed for a little cash in their pockets anymore and stay eligible! ;)

YA

A college kid smoking weed? What's this world coming to?
I believe he was caught downtown with supposedly a girlfriend. I kind remember it was more than 2 ozs which isn’t much. It was more like 2 lbs I think.

FrogBall09

Brown is the only one who I'd say is a legit bust as far as just not being able to play football. Still too early to tell with Hayes (and Hudson obviously). Rogers had the gruesome injury so it's hard to determine whether or not he was actually bad at football or simply never got back to where he needed to be physically. And then Fields obviously was on his way to being a 1st round pick before having a total meltdown.

I do think your point has some validity to it though as you look into the next grouping of highly rated recruits behind those guys so I'm not totally disagreeing with you. It certainly seems like a majority of our best players over the last decade have been the 2 and 3 star guys.
It’s because we get the 4/5 stars that have some issue that makes them not sign with the top tier

FrogBall09

This is a reasonable theory, although not sure about the timeline. But ZE appears to be the culmination of it. It has to be near impossible to maintain team motivation when you openly establish heirarchy within a college football team. Maybe some staffs are better at this than others, directionally just didn’t seem a fit with Patterson’s strengths.
Evans supporters won’t like someone saying he might have been part of why the team was lost this year…

HornyWartyToad

Wasn’t Sewo with a cbd oil vape pin?
Have to confess I don't recall details, just that he was arrested in either Conroe or Huntsville for a felony grade offense. I know it was resolved pretty favorably, but I didn't keep up with the details over the time it went on. Still, I don't think you boot a guy from the team over a couple ounces of weed if it's his first transgression.