• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football has set a date for its spring game

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU football has set a date for its spring game

By Drew Davison

TCU football has set a date for its spring game.

The Horned Frogs will host a scrimmage on March 28 at Amon G. Carter Stadium. It will also mark the unveiling of the new east-side expansion project.

TCU did not have a spring game last year because of depth issues with a number of players injured. That won’t stop the Horned Frogs this year, though, even though quarterback depth will be an issue throughout spring practices.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article240052933.html#storylink=cpy

CountryFrog

Haha, “spring game”....
It's been at least 20 years since TCU had a spring game and there certainly won't be one as long as Gary is here.

I'm personally ok with that, btw. Never understood the purpose of a big public spring game other than to give hillbillies in SEC land something to do together during the off-season because they have nothing else.

WhatTheFrog

It's been at least 20 years since TCU had a spring game and there certainly won't be one as long as Gary is here.

I'm personally ok with that, btw. Never understood the purpose of a big public spring game other than to give hillbillies in SEC land something to do together during the off-season because they have nothing else.
Gary already committed to a 2020 spring game before the 2019 season even started, if I recall correctly. He wants to show off the latest renovations to the stadium.

CountryFrog

Gary already committed to a 2020 spring game before the 2019 season even started, if I recall correctly. He wants to show off the latest renovations to the stadium.
Yes we have had events that were called a spring game and we will have one this year.

What I'm saying is that the walk through session that TCU refers to as a spring game is not anything even approaching a game. It's not even an actual practice.