• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football coach leaving for Texas A&M staff, DeMontie Cross returns

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: TCU football coach leaving for Texas A&M staff, DeMontie Cross returns

BY STEFAN STEVENSON
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

TCU football's director of player personnel Eric Russell is leaving for a job at Texas A&M, according to multiple sources.

Russell has been with the Horned Frogs since 2015. He spent the previous three seasons as an assistant head coach and special teams coordinator under Mike Leach at Washington State.

Gary Patterson announced that former TCU co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach DeMontie Cross, will replace Russell, with additional duties as a defensive analyst. Cross was Missouri's defensive coordinator in 2016 before he was abruptly fired by coach Barry Odom in after a loss against South Carolina.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article203029374.html

Westsider

I wonder if these analyst things really pay off. Seems like a decent pay check for an overqualified, short term coach looking for a better job, but how much real benefit do we get out of it? I know, everybody’s doing it, but still...

SnoSki

I wonder if these analyst things really pay off. Seems like a decent pay check for an overqualified, short term coach looking for a better job, but how much real benefit do we get out of it? I know, everybody’s doing it, but still...

You can never have too many sharp minds on staff. Especially one who the playersand staff both seem to like.

He will be the STs coach so that makes him a coach that can recruit, which I like. Or is he just going to be Dir. of Player Personnel and a defensive analyst? Either way for Cross being able to recruit for TCU is great.

Last edited:

Eight

He will be the STs coach so that makes him a coach that can recruit, which I like. Or is he just going to be Dir. of Player Personnel and a defensive analyst? Either way for Cross being able to recruit for TCU is great.

i don't think cross will be able to recruit off campus. frogs have 10 assistants on staff wo counting russell and russell was never actually a coach on the staff.

cross will be able to contact recruits and interact when prospects come on campus, btu as far as going off campus i don't think cross will be able to do that for tcu at this tim.e

also noticed michael dowining is now in a grad position in the frogs program working with video.

still no revised roster for the spring.

Last edited: