• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU football coach Gary Patterson must decide if this is worth the trouble | Opinion

Spike

Would have to agree, pretty factual actually and I have said all along, when we see butts in the seats below 20K a change will be made. It's sad that it has to end this way but GP is self inflicting.

Gut vibe I get from the administration is that as long as someone is in the seats they don't care that they are wearing red instead of purple. Same attitude that got us left out of the Big 12.

CM Frog

The only thing I thought was really Muck-like was "This new model of college football makes the already difficult job that is TCU football more challenging." I read that in that TCU is a very difficult job, compared to most schools. 25 years ago, yes. Not now. Get a new coach in here like Sonny Dykes, and give him more talent than Dykes has (assuming we don't lose a buttload at the end of the year through the Portal), with a better stadium and better facilities and a much better history the last 20 years and the team would take off and the money would continue to pour in. I'm sure Dykes is already responsible for a huge input of money at SMEW, if he stays.

I admit I have finally lost faith in GP, despite being one of his most faithful defenders (I still don't think opponents have "figured out" his defense...been hearing that since 2004). The problem with this team and the last several is heart and soul. No spark. A bunch of NFL talents just waiting out the years until they are eligible. We need a spark, like OU found.

Frankly the only team I won't cheer for now is a$m.
Agree with this. A lot of college football is emotion and Tcu really has played with very little in 3 years. Where is the gang tackling? Why are so many not getting off blocks ? When do we ever have our hands up to block passes? You can’t play the college game arm tackling!!

CM Frog

Gary will blame everyone but himself and his coaches.
He'll blame the fans, the youth on the team, the blah, blah, blah..........

For his $5 million a year and assistants making $400,000+, he should say "we suck at coaching........and we'll do better fast!"

POOR Attendance is because the team sucks, not because fans don't want to support the team!!!
If the team was 7-0 , 6-1 and in the Conference title chase....there would be 45,000 fans every week.

TCU team - No energy, no motivation, NO toughness!
Same old ideas, same old excuses
Do you go to the games?

Strat Frog

Just have a few weeks more of patience. We’re likely not going to win any additional games and the hot seat will therefore progress along with more media attention such that this won’t go away or die down. There’s already too much noise, and a continued nose dive will only increase the pressure to enact change. A loss to KU (after upcoming losses to KSU and Baylor) would be the knock out punch.
So sad to see things come to this for my alma mater (and even for Gary) that it makes me sick inside.

Froggy Style

I’m not worried about them bailing on a new coaching staff. We’re at least progressing toward having some hope again if a new staff is here. I’m worried about them bailing on the current staff and no changes being made.
This.

Gary knows this too...which is why he told us before the season he expects 30 people to leave. He is just BSing about the reason why...similar to how he is blaming everyone but himself for why we have sucked for many years in a row despite top talent. Oh, and if the talent sucks, even more reason to get the boot after Trevon and Doctson handed him a supreme gift in 2014, 2015.

Putt4Purple

No, he's now shaming those who are ready to call it on GMFP, and waxing eloquent (for B.S.P., that is) on what he has done for TCU, what a great guy he is, etc. He simply expects us to forget how he got the moniker B.S.P. in the first place. After all, the Media expects you to forget.

What will happen in the fullness of time, is that GMFP will retire, and the new Search will begin. B.S.P. will do all he can to cause splits, encourage factions, spread disinformation, and cause as much chaos as he can to stir up "controversy." Again, it's what the Media does. Whoever TCU winds up with, B.S.P. will treat him with the Mark of Cain and never let up.

Remember, if that rat-[ "illegitimate Baylor boy" ] writes anything positive about TCU, it's to further an agenda that will result in greater harm later.
Well said!!

4th. down

Gut vibe I get from the administration is that as long as someone is in the seats they don't care that they are wearing red instead of purple. Same attitude that got us left out of the Big 12.
We all know this to be true but why this.........VB and GP have both said the front porch to the university is the football program but then they act as if they don't care about wins/losses or butts in the seats, our goal is 6/6 and make it to a Toilet Bowl. A contradiction by GP and the administration, and these are supposed to be educated people. If we really wanted 45K butts actually in the seats for all our home conference games, we would be moving quickly now (4 years of history) to solve this problem and we all know how to solve it but the administration will go around that thought process.