1. The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU faculty expressing lack of confidence in university leadership amid pandemic

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by TopFrog, Jun 26, 2020.

1. TCU faculty expressing lack of confidence in university leadership amid pandemic

By Drew Davison

TCU’s faculty is growing less confident in university leadership with how it is handling issues related to the coronavirus pandemic and racial injustices.

The frustration levels reached a point where the school’s Faculty Senate held a rare summer meeting on Wednesday night in which it discussed a vote of no confidence in university leadership.

A formal vote was not taken but one professor felt it would have passed had it been held.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/education/article243796432.html#storylink=cpy

2. I think it is time for TCU leadership to start looking for new professors.

3. Dealing with this in my work right now. Sometimes you just gotta admit you’re no longer the right person for the job and go find work and value elsewhere

BABYFACE, COWTOWN FAN and Eight like this.
  4. So what’s your next step? GSK?

5. Faculty mini-revolts are coming. Admins and staff are working their asses off and the faculty don’t won’t to change or work - so they’ll [ hundin] and whine. Fine. Cull the herd. Some of them NEED to go.

That said there’s a lot of great faculty at TCU and elsewhere.

6. I'm sure there are many other people that would LOVE to teach at TCU. Some of the whiners need to go.

7. This is what happens when you hire a bunch of liberal whiny babies that have never had real life jobs. They go to school all their lives only to become a professor of some type of liberal art. Then their little utopia gets slightly disrupted, and because they can’t comprehend how the real world actually works, they throw a self righteous hissy fit.

Reminds me of a liberal arts major from TCU named Bailey who’s currently pursuing a PHD in liberal arts. Funny how she behaves the same way.

8. Particularly those that continue to complain about their 401k match dropping from 11 to 8 percent. I can’t imagine the pain they are suffering.

9. Good leaders usually have a vision or plan and as long as nothing gets in the way, the execution of said plan is brilliant.
    Having lived right down the street from TCU I have seen it grow to a successful, well respected University with a beautiful campus, that has kept up with the competitive nature of student recruitment.
    Throw a kink in those plans, like protest and disease, and a great leader will be able to react accordingly, make the changes without deviating from the original plan.
    A good leader will ignore the issues and drive to get back to the original plan wiithout significant change.

Same could be said for our President.

YA likes this.
  10. [​IMG]

11. Sure, but stopping there without acknowledging that the "other side" has equal if not more blame in the matter is a total non starter for me. I have almost no sympathy for any faculty member complaining about having to work at TCU. GMAFB.

12. Some degree of caution might be in order for those doctoral cloaked PhDs, who have spent their

entire careers at universities espousing theories. The realities that exist in the real world are often

quite different than those encountered in those clustered Halls of Ivy. The reality of meeting a large

payroll compared to delivering a lecture would have little in common. Be prudent in your demands

and careful what you wish for or it could end up biting you in your academically adorned (censor).

13. [​IMG]

Bob Sugar, Boomhauer and Salfrog like this.
  14. Get a real job and then see where your witching gets you...

15. Listen, don't argue with these faculty folk! They know how to run a University better than Boschini et al. Their chairman, Mr. Atkinson, I see, teaches courses in Elementary and Advanced Ear Training, and is especially noted for his class on The Music of Billy Joel. How can you argue with that?

16. billy joel is damn near in david spade territory when you talk about exe's that are way over his head so i think any smart man (or lesbian) could truly learn a thing or two from his music

17. I guess I’m in the minority here, but as with the MLB issue, I usually fall on the side of the “employees”. I’m sure there is a lot I do not know, and I agree with you all about the 3% drop in 401K being a nitpick in this day, but earlier in the week I read that administrators are paid very well compared to competitive private schools, while our professors and faculty are not. Nobody here has ever asked for a bump in pay or better benefits?

https://www.tcu360.com/2020/06/tcu-executive-compensation-out-paces-faculty-salaries-and-benefits/

From the article above, “TCU’s salaries rank either below or even with the median of its peers.” The school charges $50,000 a year. Shouldn’t we have the best professors we could find?

Anybody ever [ hundin] about the poor customer service at Wal Mart or McDonald’s? They get paid $10 an hour. What do you expect? You ever have awful customer service at Whole Foods or REI? No, because they’re on the list of America’s best places to work.

“Oh they could go somewhere else!!” So, in return, and in theory, we would have lesser quality professors. Maniac, you are complaining there are too many liberals on staff (like 95% of the stuff on this board, not sure how this is political), so conservative professors would take less pay?

I think Boscini is fantastic, and in the article he stated that he’d hoped it hadn’t gotten this far and he needs to listen to concerns-the words of a great leader.

Atomic Frawg likes this.
  18. Faculty has a problem? Boo-frickin-hoo. I can think of entire Departments that should be roundfiled tout-suite. There's a good deal of deadwood in Administration, too.

V. Bo needs to wake the hell up and make some badly needed changes. He has a lot of completely useless and academically fraudulent clowns cluttering the Faculty roster, clowns whose teachings and "intellectual" nurturing spew forth worthless twits like the aforementioned person who brings such joy to TCU. Firing each and every one of those frauds, and replacing them with a nice Western Civ curriculum would be nice. The kids might actually learn something worthwhile, too.

19. whole foods customer service has gone to [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] since they were bought by amazon and anyone who would use whole foods over heb in an example of customer service is obviously a commie liberal

20. stupidity doesn’t discriminate based on politics I can assure you

steelfrog, illini_frog, ifrog and 2 others like this.