• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU defensive end Daniels off to strong start

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
[SIZE=12pt]FWST: TCU defensive end Daniels off to strong start[/SIZE]

By Stefan Stevenson
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

Wayne Daniels isn't sure why, but he's one of the few players who hasn't lost weight during TCU's first three practices. In fact, the senior right defensive end has gained 4 pounds since Thursday's opener. Maybe it's his favorite post-practice meal: a burrito bowl.

Whatever the reason, the 6-foot-2, 250-pound Daniels, who is coming off a second-team All-Mountain West Conference season, is expected to be a big difference maker on defense.

He trailed only All-American Jerry Hughes in sacks last season. ...

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I know Wayne got a bad rap (and probably deservedly so) early on but really has grown into not only a great player but a leader also. FWIW his FB status:

"I think practicing is like putting money in the bank because the more you put in the more you get out and all the extra stuff that you do in your spare time is the interest."

joefrog91

Quotable

"We are a better-looking football team than we were a year ago. I don't know if that means we'll win more, but our younger players are better-looking than the freshmen that came in before."

-- Gary Patterson after the Frogs' third practice Saturday

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/08/07/23...l#ixzz0w1ZQOp3L

This is a lot better than when Coach Patterson said this was a 6-6 team at the end of Spring Drills.

TCU has finally reached that stage where the team reloads every year.

archifrog

QUOTE(joefrog91 @ Aug 8 2010, 02:24 PM) [snapback]609026[/snapback]
Quotable

"We are a better-looking football team than we were a year ago. I don't know if that means we'll win more, but our younger players are better-looking than the freshmen that came in before."

-- Gary Patterson after the Frogs' third practice Saturday

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/08/07/23...l#ixzz0w1ZQOp3L
This is a lot better than when Coach Patterson said this was a 6-6 team at the end of Spring Drills.

TCU has finally reached that stage where the team reloads every year.

Goosebump quote by Patterson....

Horny4TCU

Wasn't he really optimistic before the Fiesta Bowl? We saw what happens when Patterson likes the work done in practice! I'm still to nervous about this season... I may be a Debby Downer, but darn it the Fiesta Bowl sucked!!! (I'd use harsher language if possible)