• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU coaches, AD reduce salaries amid coronavirus pandemic

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU coaches, AD reduce salaries amid coronavirus pandemic

By Drew Davison

Facing financial uncertainty amid the coronavirus pandemic, TCU has reduced the salaries of several coaches and administrators within the athletic department.

A source confirmed that, among others, football coach Gary Patterson, men’s basketball coach Jamie Dixon, baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle and athletic director Jeremiah Donati were among a group who voluntarily reduced their salaries during this crisis.

Another source added that football assistants Sonny Cumbie, Chad Glasgow, Jarrett Anderson and Dan Sharp also voluntarily took pay cuts.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article242749431.html#storylink=cpy

steelfrog

Tier 1
"According to tax documents for the 2017 fiscal year, Patterson made $4.9 million while Dixon made $3.4 million and Schlossnagle made $1.2 million that year."

Grossly overpaid for the results, grossly grossly overpaid for the results, and underpaid.

That is all.

jake102

"According to tax documents for the 2017 fiscal year, Patterson made $4.9 million while Dixon made $3.4 million and Schlossnagle made $1.2 million that year."

Grossly overpaid for the results, grossly grossly overpaid for the results, and underpaid.

That is all.

Not quite. Ultimately the pay is based on revenue brought to the University and Patterson could basically write his own check for what he's done the past 20 years. Totally agree on Dixon. And for Schloss, see my comment on revenue brought to the University.

Wexahu

That is all.

A college baseball coach making $1.2M/year seems totally out of whack.

DubaiFrog

Several professors were complaining on twitter last night about TCU cutting their 401k match from 11.5% to 8% and suspending merit raises.

While i certainly sympathize, its not like they are asking them to take an actual pay cut, and kind of comes across as tone deaf in my opinion. 20% unemployment in the real world, and In-person Classes were canceled in March and are TBD for the fall semester. They should be praying classes resume on schedule and enrollment stays constant, or else actual cuts might have to be made.

jake102

Several professors were complaining on twitter last night about TCU cutting their 401k match from 11.5% to 8% and suspending merit raises.

While i certainly sympathize, its not like they are asking them to take an actual pay cut, and kind of comes across as tone deaf in my opinion. 20% unemployment in the real world, and In-person Classes were canceled in March and are TBD for the fall semester. They should be praying classes resume on schedule and enrollment stays constant, or else actual cuts might have to be made.

Wait - TCU was fully matching 11.5% on 401k? Geez

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Wow! I'm a recruiter and have worked with some major companies for mid and upper level management and I have never seen that high of a match. 8% is huge. Just goes to show you that college educators live in an artificial world. No surprise it breeds liberal idealistic (and unrealistic) thought.
There's no need to throw the word "liberal" in there. The sentence is fine without it. Unless you mean it as "plenty", which is not how it comes across.

My father was a 40 year prof at our beloved, and he is as conservative as anyone I know. In fact, many of our school's faculty are.