• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU cheerleading coach resigns after placed on administrative leave

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU coach resigns after being placed on administrative leave

BY Big Steaming Pile
tengel@star-telegram.com

One of the more odd coaching changes at TCU has been finalized.

Former TCU cheerleading coach Mickey Farris, who had been put on administrative leave earlier this year, has resigned.

The TCU athletic department had been “investigating” complaints from some cheerleaders, and their parents, about Coach Farris. Most of the complaints anchored around a lack of communication from the coach about individual performances.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article216624090.html

LeagueCityFrog

Unless there is more to this, something isn't right here. I heard some rich girls with bad attitudes got cut, complained to their rich parents, and those rich parents let TCU have an earful with threats. All this is 100% unconfirmed, but was what I was told. I was also told the overwhelming majority of the kids on this team over the years loved this dude. So again, unless there is something more to this and how long this suspension was, I'm very curious how this conclusion was made.

Punter1

This is the absolute definition of a BS news story that no other large newspaper would cover.

Muck just wanted a reason to write this and subsequent follow up stories so he could interview and be around cheerleaders. Sick and sad.

4 Oaks Frog

Oh! Such an in-depths and informative article!!
A story/non-story like doesn’t need a by line. It should be in a section titled announcements.
GO FROGS!
BEAT tosu!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] & muck!!

HToady

Unless there is more to this, something isn't right here. I heard some rich girls with bad attitudes got cut, complained to their rich parents, and those rich parents let TCU have an earful with threats. All this is 100% unconfirmed, but was what I was told. I was also told the overwhelming majority or the kids on this team over the years loved this dude. So again, unless there is something more to this and how long this suspension was, I'm very curious how this conclusion was made.
Wait! Are you saying that there are snowflakes at TCU?

Mean Purple

-- Most of the complaints anchored around a lack of communication from the coach about individual performances. Sources said none of the complaints or concerns were anything that were beyond those concerns.--

Today's forecast **************************************

Moose Stuff

Unless there is more to this, something isn't right here. I heard some rich girls with bad attitudes got cut, complained to their rich parents, and those rich parents let TCU have an earful with threats. All this is 100% unconfirmed, but was what I was told. I was also told the overwhelming majority or the kids on this team over the years loved this dude. So again, unless there is something more to this and how long this suspension was, I'm very curious how this conclusion was made.

I can tell you that my daughter liked him very much.

HFrog1999

tenor.gif

denverfrog

This is a bizzare story, I was a cheerleader for 3 years back in the early 80’s, I have watched current squads for years, perfectly acceptable, doing a good job. Now, these squads are not the competitive squads with the technical skill you see at schools “focused”on that, but, not bad. I will tell you that squads can get kind of “catty” and sounds to me like what someone else said here, someone went to mommy and daddy when their feelings got hurt. Too bad.

Frog DJ

In these days of #MeToo this story doesn’t seem out-of-bounds to me.

Harassment doesn’t appear to be the issue here, but that’s most certainly the first thing that would pop into people’s minds when something like this happens.

So, unless the writer knew the cause for dismissal it’s perfectly reasonable to report such a story, in light of recent events on college campuses.

Like it or not, chronicling these kinds of occurrences is a reporter’s job, so I’ll assume that was the intent behind the story to begin with, and withhold my righteous indignation.

Go Frogs!

Latest posts