• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU can only pray Jamie Dixon isn’t Pat Sullivan or this could get ugly

froginmn

We are not pandering to anyone.

Dont read his articles, its your choice.If I can look at the writers name and make a decision to not read his stuff, anyone can.I dont know what’s hard about that.

I’m not trying to be a horses ass but good lord. Maybe we just offer stories about purple unicorns and bunnies.
I think you know I'm not asking for the removal of all opposing opinions. I'm simply asking that the guy who takes time to copy and paste articles from all over about TCU skip those by one columnist who everyone knows continually trolls TCU fans. Because in your words from the Spring sale thread, this "hits me in all the wrong places".

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I think you know I'm not asking for the removal of all opposing opinions. I'm simply asking that the guy who takes time to copy and paste articles from all over about TCU skip those by one columnist who everyone knows continually trolls TCU fans. Because in your words from the Spring sale thread, this "hits me in all the wrong places".
I like for TCU fans to know what is being written and said about TCU. If you dont want to know or read it ignore it whether it is Muck or someone else. The board is for and offers content for all TCU fans. He occasionally writes positive or insightful TCU pieces. Not going to pick or choose the stories for a broad base of readers. At this point those story links will continue to be provided as a reading option.

Last edited:

Armadillo

Let me get this straight....Because Muck's articles hit you in all the wrong places, you want to limit my choice to read the article?

Don't ask TopFrog to do anything. Simply don't click. Choose not to read muck's articles. You have that right, to choose not to peruse articles that make you feel uncomfortable. But don't ask TopFrog to limit my choice.

Censorship is a slippery slope and that is exactly what you are proposing.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
This is how off base you really are Hoosier, I’ve actually never ever thought Wes has changed or deleted a single post of mine. Could be wrong about that, but he’s never crossed my mind as doing that. Truthfully.

I think Wes does a fine job of letting people be themselves on his forum, despite the filters. But filters and changing/deleting posts after the fact aren’t the same thing either imo. You know instantly when a filter is used, and if you’ve been on the forum long enough, you know what prompts a filter before you even type it. Going back later and completely changing what someone else has said is problematic.

I do appreciate your posts in general Hoosier, but I don’t agree with your comparison leaps here. That’s all I’ve got on this topic.

Well, it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wrong in my life, that is for sure!

MTfrog5

I like for TCU fans to know what is being written and said about TCU. If you dont want to know or read it ignore it whether it is Muck or someone else. The board is for and offers content for all TCU fans. He occasionally writes positive or insightful TCU pieces. Not going to pick or choose the stories for a broad base of readers. At this point those story links will continue to be provided as a reading option.
Then post Gil’s stuff as well.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Let me get this straight....Because Muck's articles hit you in all the wrong places, you want to limit my choice to read the article?

Don't ask TopFrog to do anything. Simply don't click. Choose not to read muck's articles. You have that right, to choose not to peruse articles that make you feel uncomfortable. But don't ask TopFrog to limit my choice.

Censorship is a slippery slope and that is exactly what you are proposing.
We aren’t going to censor when everyone has the choice to not read an article

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Thanks Top

I appreciate the time and effort you put into doing this for us.

frogs9497

Am I the only one surprised at the level of indignation about muck's articles being posted here? I don't click on every thread I see. But I do click on some with dubious titles simply out of curiosity.

As recruits like to say, please respect Wes' decision.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Then post Gil’s stuff as well.
I do news searches on a couple of search engines or go directly to FWST/DMN. If Gil can get his articles to post to news feeds I would see and post them. Seems like something he could do on his end. I dunno.

Last edited: