• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU basketball’s second-leading scorer not expected to return next season

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU basketball’s second-leading scorer not expected to return next season

BY DREW DAVISON

FNHPrOSX0AUw-bY.jpg

TCU basketball is losing its second-leading scorer from last season’s team.

Junior guard Damion Baugh has informed teammates and coaches that he plans to pursue a professional career. Baugh announced he would be “testing the waters” of the NBA Draft on April 13. At the time, the general thought was Baugh would get an evaluation from NBA scouts and return for a senior season.

But Baugh feels he’s ready for the next level. He posted on social media this week, “Thank You TCU For The Best Year Of My College Career #DadaGotUs #10out”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article261534497.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
TCU basketball’s second-leading scorer not expected to return next season

BY DREW DAVISON

FNHPrOSX0AUw-bY.jpg

TCU basketball is losing its second-leading scorer from last season’s team.

Junior guard Damion Baugh has informed teammates and coaches that he plans to pursue a professional career. Baugh announced he would be “testing the waters” of the NBA Draft on April 13. At the time, the general thought was Baugh would get an evaluation from NBA scouts and return for a senior season.

But Baugh feels he’s ready for the next level. He posted on social media this week, “Thank You TCU For The Best Year Of My College Career #DadaGotUs #10out”

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article261534497.html#storylink=cpy

Major League Baseball Reaction GIF by Detroit Tigers

I will be surprised if Baugh has an NBA career and would think a cost-free TCU degree would have value. And I hoped there was NIL opportunity at TCU. Seems shortsighted, but he got feedback from people suggesting otherwise.

I will hope incoming freshman 6’3” guard, PJ Haggerty, can step up quickly, but that is asking a lot. I read he can score inside and is good from THREE; prolific scorer in 5A high school. I wonder about defense.

Though only 6 feet tall, transfer Shahada Wells will get minutes and shot the three well his one year at UTA. May have been good if Vanderbilt transfer, Maxwell Evans, had stayed for a 6th year.

Last edited:

Rose Bowl

I’m sure the people doubting Baugh were the same ones who doubted RJ. He was outstanding in the G League with several appearances in the NBA. Now we have three open scholarships to be filled. Rondel Walker looks to be leaning our way and we’re supposed to be hosting a big time transfer soon. Sure wish we could get Isiaih Mosley but hearing he‘s looking at several big time programs.

Delray Frog

I hate that Baugh is leaving. He was one of my favorite players on last year's team. Not the greatest shooter but he is a very athletic player and a really good defender. He can probably make a little money overseas for a while but I'm a little skeptical about him making the top levels as a pro. I'm confident that Jamie can find a couple of transfers that will fill the gaps but I was hoping the starting 5 would all be back for the chemistry aspect.

Latest posts