• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU baseball coach apologizes for negative comments regarding third assistant proposal

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU baseball coach apologizes for negative comments regarding third assistant proposal

By Drew Davison

TCU baseball coach Jim Schlossnagle clarified his sharp criticism toward Big 12 schools regarding the upcoming NCAA vote on whether to add a third full-time assistant coach.

Schlossnagle told the Star-Telegram following Sunday’s game that he felt the Big 12 should be supportive of the proposal, and that he was disappointed schools such as Texas and Oklahoma were opposed to it.

“In regards to a recent NCAA legislative proposal, I apologize for my negative comments about the Big 12 Conference and the University of Oklahoma,” Schlossnagle said Wednesday. “I’m very passionate in my belief that the proposal to add a third full-time assistant coach is very important to our sport and student-athlete welfare. However, it was inappropriate of me to identify another member institution by name and the conference as a whole in my frustration with the process.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article229384239.html#storylink=cpy

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
tenor4783955adf3430b7.gif

BABYFACE

Schloss is right, no need to apologize.

Curious, since UT and OU are flagship state schools, why are they opposed to a 3rd assistant? Budget concerns would seem to be more of an issue with smaller programs, not these two.

I honestly would be fine with him criticizing the Big 12, maybe paying a fine, but not naming institutions. Calling out UT and OU by name is not appropriate, and not good for the conference to air dirty laundry publicly.

Should he have publicly apologized? I'll leave that Jeremiah Dodds.

Dogfrog

Curious, since UT and OU are flagship state schools, why are they opposed to a 3rd assistant? Budget concerns would seem to be more of an issue with smaller programs, not these two.

The more their outcomes rely on raw talent the better they will perform? Coaching is the great equalizer.

PurpleBlood87

Because then they will have a hire a third softball coach.

Punter1

Republican US Congressman Dan Crenshaw said it best after SNL made fun of him and his eye patch last year...

"I try hard to offend....I try harder not to be offended."

Love that line.

Eight

Because then they will have a hire a third softball coach.

texas' athletic department has more than 400 employees supporting programs involving just over 500 athletes.

i can guarandamntee you that if texas truly had to hire 2 more coaches who actually directly work with athletes they could easily find the money by getting rid of someone with a title and an office in bellmont who barely interacts with the athletes.

hell, they freaking found a job for vince young, but can't find the money to hire two more coaches?

Last edited: