• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU again hosts Big 12’s hottest team; it’s Texas this time

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: TCU again hosts Big 12’s hottest team; it’s Texas this time

By Stefan Stevenson
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

In the cut-throat Big 12 this season, even the best teams struggle keep win streaks alive. Around every corner, another tall task looms. It makes long win streaks hard to come by, but for the second time in less than 10 days TCU hosts the hottest team in the country.

This time it’s Texas, winners of six consecutive games, including a convincing win over Kansas Saturday in Austin. The Jayhawks entered the game as the nation’s hottest team after dismissing TCU. Now coach Rick Barnes’ Longhorns (17-4, 6-2 in the Big 12), who moved up No. 15 from 25 in the latest Associated Press Top 25, clearly carry that flag into Daniel-Meyer Coliseum at 7 p.m. Tuesday.

“The thing that has impressed me, and it hasn’t surprised me at all — because I’m a big fan of coach Barnes — is how physical they are. They’re very balanced and how hard they play,” TCU coach Trent Johnson said. “They come at you in transition, they really dominate you on the glass and if you’re not going to match their intensity, or if you back down from their intensity and how hard they play, you’re going to struggle. They’ll definitely put their foot on you and try to bury you.” ...

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/02/03/5537053/tcu-again-hosts-big-12s-hottest.html