• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU AD excited about retaining coach Jamie Dixon, says contract buyout never came up

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU AD excited about retaining coach Jamie Dixon, says contract buyout never came up

By Drew Davison

An argument could be made that TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati aced his first significant test since taking over the athletic program in December 2017.

He kept men’s basketball coach Jamie Dixon from bolting to UCLA.

Donati described it as an ‘intense week’ and is beyond happy with the end result. But he isn’t interested in grading himself on the job he did.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article229084454.html#storylink=cpy

McFroggin

So Muck is wrong again. Another example of how he is merely a troll.

I should start a crappy TCU news site and post links here to get around KFC rules of trolling/insulting staff/players.

netty2424

Article by Drew Davison
Originally written by Muck but he changed the authors name to Drew when he found out he was wrong.
09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

MTfrog5

Well that would have been a major Curt.

Still looks better than Barnes. Barnes agreed to a deal then asked for more money so he would help with the buyout where UCLA said no and pulled out. Then Barnes said he’d agree to the original deal again after UCLA pulled out of discussions.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
A couple of points: 1.) This is UCLA people leaking out their version of events to cover their butts after an embarrassing flail of a coaching search. 2.) I don't remember who it was that said Cali taxes were not an issue in these negotiations, but jeez...

Brog

Texas Tech just signed up their basketball coach, name is Beard?, to a new contract paying him $4.5 MILLION annually. Wow.

Hell Sent Frog

I don't believe that the buyout did not come up in discussions...

Donati was just saying that he did not have any conversations regarding the buyout with Jaime Dixon, Dixon's agent, or anyone associated with UCLA's search, it never came up.
But perhaps early on, Donati cautioned certain people that there was nothing for anyone to discuss with TCU regarding the buyout.

Last edited:

netty2424

A couple of points: 1.) This is UCLA people leaking out their version of events to cover their butts after an embarrassing flail of a coaching search. 2.) I don't remember who it was that said Cali taxes were not an issue in these negotiations, but jeez...
The erroneous tax man was the UCLA fan who came in here puffing his chest out telling everyone how big of a dream job that is, and the Cali tax issues are really a myth.

Froggish

Donati was just saying that he did not have any conversations regarding the buyout with Jaime Dixon, Dixon's agent, or anyone associated with UCLA's search, it never came up.
But perhaps early on, Donati cautioned certain people that there was nothing for anyone to discuss with TCU regarding the buyout.

Correct..My guess is Donati simply said honor the terms of the contract and expected Dixon to work it out with UCLA

Latest posts