• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Small recalls incident with Baker Mayfield: ‘OK, I guess that was for me’

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s Small recalls incident with Baker Mayfield: ‘OK, I guess that was for me’

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

Niko Small thought it had been an accident.

A football drilled him in the helmet as TCU entered Oklahoma’s Memorial Stadium for the pregame routine.

But Small shouldn’t have given the polarizing Baker Mayfield the benefit of the doubt that day.

“We were running down the back of the end zone, they [the Sooners] were doing their warmup drills and doing a little regular throwing and stuff and, as soon as I turn around and look and see … Boom!,” Small said. “I thought it was an accident. Like I didn’t think nothing of it. I was like, ‘OK, accident.’ So I kept running and then I look and Baker is over there clapping like, ‘Yeah,’ looking at me. I was like, ‘OK, I guess that was for me.’”

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article216004810.html

Purp

Way more magnanimous than I'd be. I'd have probably gone after him and both teams would have been brawling. Hell, even if I hadn't been hit, but it was one of my teammates and I saw it I'd have been form tackling Bakefield's sorry arse in his warmup drills.

If his warmup drills include drilling one of my teammates in the dome then my warmup drills as a defender would include drilling him in the dome. That still pisses me off.

SnoSki

Way more magnanimous than I'd be. I'd have probably gone after him and both teams would have been brawling. Hell, even if I hadn't been hit, but it was one of my teammates and I saw it I'd have been form tackling Bakefield's sorry arse in his warmup drills.

If his warmup drills include drilling one of my teammates in the dome then my warmup drills as a defender would include drilling him in the dome. That still pisses me off.

It’s so perfect that he got sent to the Browns. Maybe if he’s lucky he won’t be in Canada in 4 years.

Realtorfrog

I wonder if it was “ at him” or just happened to be the lucky recipient. Had they had words before or played against each other in HS?

lowfrog

Plenty of time still on the clock for a response. Best part of plenty of time is that in the meantime, BM has to keep looking out for it every minute of every day and night. Could happen in the NFL, in the CFL, or on the street. Remember, Texans don't just get mad -- we get even.

Frog DJ

Niko seems to have gotten over it, so I am too.

I'm certainly not a Mayfield fan, but I'm content to let circumstances take care of themselves.

People usually get what they deserve...

Go Frogs!

Chongo94

I have never felt unabashed unfiltered hate for a human being until this scrub rose to prominence.

He’s the worst type of a common person out there....an over-entitled, over-indulged bully with severe little man syndrome raised by self important and apparently over-macho type parents, who allowed him to get away with anything and thus reinforce his behavior. Notice also, he NEVER pulls anything when he’s alone, he’s one of those that lets others do his fighting, which he is the root cause.

Biblical plagues are not good enough for this waste of oxygen.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I have never felt unabashed unfiltered hate for a human being until this scrub rose to prominence.

He’s the worst type of a common person out there....an over-entitled, over-indulged bully with severe little man syndrome raised by self important and apparently over-macho type parents, who allowed him to get away with anything and thus reinforce his behavior. Notice also, he NEVER pulls anything when he’s alone, he’s one of those that lets others do his fighting, which he is the root cause.

Biblical plagues are not good enough for this waste of oxygen.
Oh yeah?

mayfieldgrab.gif

4 Oaks Frog

Comupins-ah-comin’...there are more than a few Ohio State NFL defensive giants, and possibly some TCU ones, too, just waiting for the chance to take his head off. It’s going to be ugly. Waitin’ on the highlights...
GO FROGS!
BEAT tosu!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] & the big bm!

Last edited: