1. The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s scramble for an opponent to replace Cal game includes Alabama and Texas A&M

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, Jul 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. TCU’s scramble for an opponent to replace Cal game includes Alabama and Texas A&M

By Mac Engel

With TCU’s season-opener game against Cal canceled, the school’s athletic director is now pursuing a replacement opponent for Sept. 5 Week 1 slot or possibly even the prior week, Week Zero.

Alabama, BYU, Liberty and Texas A&M are all possibilities, and given the exceptional nature of the year don’t rule out any of these unlikely candidates as potential TCU opponents for a season that proceeds with extreme caution.

TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati said he’s trying to find a game and, “Everyone who has had or will have a game canceled in the immediate future is [possible] at this point.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article244187697.html#storylink=cpy

2. TCU basically has an opportunity to play any number of teams of their choosing to replace Cal. I really hope we don’t end up playing a team like Liberty. But something tells me that’s exactly what’s going to happen, and that would be extremely disappointing.

ifrog, researchfrog, TCU_91 and 3 others like this.
  3. We already have PA&M. We don't need another one IMO.

netty2424, Salfrog and Bonner4Prez like this.
  4. Would love to get to take a swing at those A&M prix.....They’ve dodged us for a decade

5. We should play anyone who has the guts to say yes.

6. Yes.

That attitude reminded me of a tweet I saw earlier today.

nwlafrog, Mean Purple, ifrog and 4 others like this.
  7. If we even get to the point of having a 4 team playoff this year, I hope they factor in the number of games played like they did to screw us that first year...

8. Whomever we play, I hope we win and have a good offensive performance that never stops through the season.

9. I don't think we are going to play Prairie View A&M since they cannot test their players like we will require before playing them. So we may need two games. I would not play Liberty either.

10. Aggie don't want us, too much face to lose with Frogs rolling them.

ifrog and Bonner4Prez like this.
  11. Go on TexAgs and they are stuck reliving the 90s

12. I hope we play anybody!

13. Toby's Business College, perhaps?

Wog68, SuperBarrFrog and Salfrog like this.
  14. I bet if we play a game it won’t be with any of those teams listed.

JMO

15. If such a thing comes to pass, then heads should roll. When you have a shot at #1, you take it!!!! You don't run away in fear, plead "difficulties" and schedule a pathetic tomato can instead.

16. More disappointing would be to lose to Liberty like Baylor did a couple of years ago....

17. I bet we end with an FCS team and we pay for their testing

YA and Horned Toad like this.
  18. "Fear" is the new norm now.

Showtime Joe 2.0, DelFrog and Eight like this.
  19. Sadly, sir, you are correct.

Wexahu and Salfrog like this.
  20. Yes, the more games played, the bigger of killer you are so you're out automatically. The new normal.