• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s NCAA Tourney win solidifies what a disaster Pitt made letting Jamie Dixon leave

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s NCAA Tourney win solidifies what a disaster Pitt made letting Jamie Dixon leave

AP22078095494378.jpg

BY Big Steaming Pile

The University of Pittsburgh letting Jamie Dixon leave for TCU in exchange for a nominal buyout figure has played out to be one of the worst decisions in major college basketball this century.

Since Dixon left Pittsburgh for Fort Worth, the Panthers and Horned Frogs have traded spots.

On Friday night in San Diego, Dixon’s TCU Horned Frogs won their first NCAA Tournament game since March 12, 1987. Nine-seed TCU defeated eight-seed Seton Hall, 69-42.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article259563269.html#storylink=cpy

HToady

5 years ago my son and I went to the NFL hall of fame to watch LTs induction. we flew into Pittsburg and went to a local restaurant. My son had on a Penn State shirt and I was wearing a Cowboys shirt. The bartender looked at us and said, “I hate you both”. I said,”it gets worse” I’m also a TCU grad”. He said, “no that one was on us”

Eight

can't wait to see similar articles when the frogs struggle n football

what gets ignored is that the direction of the program at pitt wasn't good in dixon's last two seasons finishing t-9th twice in the acc

could he have turned it around? maybe, can't prove it either way and while i don't expect a crap flinger like mack to even consider such a thing i do find it interesting the presumption is things wouldn't be where they are now if dixon had stayed at pitt

he sure as heck woudn't have gotten five years to work out the kinks like he has in ft worth

JogginFrog

Noticed that Coach Dixon's mentor at Northern AZ and Pitt, Ben Howland, was fired this week at Mississippi State. MSU was the fifth SEC team to fire their coach this season. That's the same number of teams that finished below .500 in conference (though not a perfect correlation). Will be interesting to see if he retires or lands somewhere else.

Punter1

Let him leave?? Jamie WANTED to leave.

Muck sucks so darning bad. How is he still employed by anybody is a mystery to me.