• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Mike Miles mulling decision on future: ‘I don’t know if I’m quite ready to leave’

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s Mike Miles mulling decision on future: ‘I don’t know if I’m quite ready to leave’

AP22061133183735.jpg

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU star Mike Miles has not made a decision on his basketball future.

Miles told the Star-Telegram that he’s still mulling whether to return for his junior season at TCU, or pursue a professional career.

“I’ve thought about it, obviously,” Miles said as the basketball team had a meet-and-greet with fans before the baseball team’s 14-5 victory over Kansas State on Saturday at Lupton Stadium.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article259767520.html#storylink=cpy

Virginia Frog

Mike,
It took Jesus 3 years of ministry before he could ascend into heaven.
You'll need 3 years of TCU apprenticeship before YOU can ascend to the NBA.
And to top it off, it'll be a fun year for you. Good advice.
Your friend, VF

Virginia Frog

Are you trying to say that Jesus Christ can’t hit a free throw?
I'm sorry I brought up "Hey-Suzs" (Español pronunciation) in the original post.

I was just trying to say that it takes time to perfect one's craft and possibly risking coming out to early which might minimize his chance to "make it." Pro ball is a chance, nothing guaranteed. Blow your chance and the outcome may be very suboptimal to say the least.

I believe it is best for him (and us!) to stay another season.

CountryFrog

In most cases, I think that the player is probably better off to go (why delay the inevitable) but in this instance, I really do think that Mike would be better off staying for another year and improving his draft stock. He has not shown the NBA what he is fully capable of in my opinion.
A 6' guard needs to shoot better than 38% in college. If he can get that shooting percentage up around 50% then he may have a chance to be a 1st round pick. That's a huge jump but I think it's what he needs to do unless he's cool with playing in the G League or Europe.