• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Kirk Saarloos suspended for ‘excessive expression,’ could miss regional game

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s Kirk Saarloos suspended for ‘excessive expression,’ could miss regional game

BY STEFAN STEVENSON

TCU baseball coach Kirk Saarloos was suspended for two games by the NCAA after his ejection from Thursday’s game in the Big 12 Tournament.

Saarloos was ejected in the eighth inning of the Horned Frogs’ 5-3 loss to Texas at Globe Life Field.

Home-plate umpire Casey Moser ejected Saarloos after calling TCU pitcher Luke Savage for a run-scoring balk. Saarloos says he stepped out of the dugout to motion for an intentional walk to the next Texas batter.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article261873110.html#storylink=cpy

Ron Swanson

This whole thing is bizarre.
One of the more ridiculous BS scenarios.

1. The balk was not a balk. If you’re going to call a balk, IMO it needs to be fairly obvious and you better be right. There should never be a time where an ump is like “you know I think that might have been a balk, I guess I’ll go ahead and call it”. Especially in a close game with a runner on 3rd. Not only was it not obvious, after watching it on replay, it appears to not be a balk at all. Even if this was a balk, which it was not, the “balk” in question had no on-field impact. To make that call, you have to be completely incompetent with no grasp for the game-situation, or you are on the take.

2. Kirk then gets tossed by the ump because the ump misread the situation. Kirk was simply motioning to the field that he wants to intentionally walk the batter, and the ump thought he was talking ship or something? Ridiculous

3. Then Kirk rightly loses it after getting boned by the ump twice in a row, and instead of the Big 12 issuing an apology for the whole thing, he gets suspended for two games.

Andy Samberg Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

One of the more ridiculous BS scenarios.

1. The balk was not a balk. If you’re going to call a balk, IMO it needs to be fairly obvious and you better be right. There should never be a time where an ump is like “you know I think that might have been a balk, I guess I’ll go ahead and call it”. Especially in a close game with a runner on 3rd. Not only was it not obvious, after watching it on replay, it appears to not be a balk at all. Even if this was a balk, which it was not, the “balk” in question had no on-field impact. To make that call, you have to be completely incompetent with no grasp for the game-situation, or you are on the take.

2. Kirk then gets tossed by the ump because the ump misread the situation. Kirk was simply motioning to the field that he wants to intentionally walk the batter, and the ump thought he was talking ship or something? Ridiculous

3. Then Kirk rightly loses it after getting boned by the ump twice in a row, and instead of the Big 12 issuing an apology for the whole thing, he gets suspended for two games.

Andy Samberg Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Excellent

tcumaniac

If it was going to be appealed it already was and denied. Too late now.
I’m under the impression the suspension came from the NCAA. There wasn’t a lot of time to reasonably appeal the decision before a game the next day. One would think if there’s any ounce of reason and common sense left at the NCAA they would be willing to reconsider the second game suspension in light of the situation.

Big Frog II

I’m under the impression the suspension came from the NCAA. There wasn’t a lot of time to reasonably appeal the decision before a game the next day. One would think if there’s any ounce of reason and common sense left at the NCAA they would be willing to reconsider the second game suspension in light of the situation.
Do not use common sense and the NCAA in the same sentence.

Pharm Frog

One would not think that. At least not “one” familiar with the NCAA

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
My biggest problem with this situation is our AD taking the "high road" and staying silent. He should be publicly screaming bloody murder. You protect your employees, especially when they are in the right.
While he isn't blabbing to the Media, it could very well be that he's chewed the eyeballs out of people at the BIGXII offices. We'll never know.