• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Jawuan Johnson praises Patterson, opens up on bowl game gaffe

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s Jawuan Johnson praises Patterson, opens up on bowl game gaffe

By Drew Davison

TCU linebacker Jawuan Johnson watched the replay of his interception in the Cheez-It Bowl over and over. Every time, he shook his head.

Instead of scoring what would have been a walk-off touchdown in overtime, Johnson was tracked down by Cal offensive lineman Jake Curhan – a 335-pound freshman – 13 yards short of the goal line.

“That played in my head for two days in a row,” Johnson said. “I should’ve just cut up the field. I tried to avoid the quarterback for a while. I should’ve just ran and out-ran him. But I’m thinking in my head the whole time, ‘This lineman is not going to catch me.’

“But he ended up getting a hold of the ball and spinning me out. It was in my mind for two days.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article224059475.html#storylink=cpy

CardFrog

TCU’s Jawuan Johnson praises Patterson, opens up on bowl game gaffe

By Drew Davison

TCU linebacker Jawuan Johnson watched the replay of his interception in the Cheez-It Bowl over and over. Every time, he shook his head.

Instead of scoring what would have been a walk-off touchdown in overtime, Johnson was tracked down by Cal offensive lineman Jake Curhan – a 335-pound freshman – 13 yards short of the goal line.

“That played in my head for two days in a row,” Johnson said. “I should’ve just cut up the field. I tried to avoid the quarterback for a while. I should’ve just ran and out-ran him. But I’m thinking in my head the whole time, ‘This lineman is not going to catch me.’

“But he ended up getting a hold of the ball and spinning me out. It was in my mind for two days.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article224059475.html#storylink=cpy
JJ was instrumental in stepping in when a depleted TCU defense needed him most. The INT ended up getting us the W. Thanks you for your 1 year JJ.