• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Jamie Dixon: ‘I think we can be as good as anybody’

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s Jamie Dixon: ‘I think we can be as good as anybody’

BY DREW DAVISON

If you look at preseason polls or Las Vegas odds, expectations aren’t high for the TCU men’s basketball team.

Most are predicting the Frogs to finish near or at the bottom of the Big 12. Coach Jamie Dixon isn’t too worried about that, though, believing his group is better than most outsiders believe.

“I think they hand out the thing with TCU at the bottom and then fill out Nos. 9 through 1 at the top,” Dixon said, smiling after practice No. 10 on Thursday.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article236033943.html

y2kFrog

I look at this way.

Bane should be as good or even better than last year. Samuel should be better than last year, maybe a lot better. Fuller is a talent and size up grade over Robinson. Time will tell, but hopefully could be performance upgrade too. We will miss Miller being there every game, but it’s not like his talent set was out of this world. We seemed to miss Noi when he was not playing. He was hot and cold, played no defense, and really am not sad to seem him gone.

Moose Stuff

I look at this way.

Bane should be as good or even better than last year. Samuel should be better than last year, maybe a lot better. Fuller is a talent and size up grade over Robinson. Time will tell, but hopefully could be performance upgrade too. We will miss Miller being there every game, but it’s not like his talent set was out of this world. We seemed to miss Noi when he was not playing. He was hot and cold, played no defense, and really am not sad to seem him gone.

The good version of Noi was a difference maker. He just wasn’t reliable. I’d happily replace him with a slightly less talented player that I can depend on.

Punter1

If we can keep Samuel around next year and with the addition of the 2 transfers that are sitting out...next year we could be a Top 15 team easy...

LVH

I have no expectations at all for this year. But our non conference schedule isnt great so at worst I see us losing 1 non conference game

UL Lafayette seems to underachieve each year under Bob Marlin.

UC Irvine is fresh off their Round of 32 NCAA appearance and returns their top 3 scorers but I think losing Cartwright is a bigger deal than people would think. He was the leader of that team.

Clemson is another one of those teams who seem to underachieve every year. They are probably equal to us. If we can beat Clemson then we are far better than Colorado/Wyoming. No idea why they put the best 2 teams in the MGM Grand Main Event in the same semifinal game.

Illinois State has yet to get over the hump and are trending in the wrong direction as a program.

USC still somehow is employing Andy Enfield and we killed them last year.

Winthrop has been on a downward trend since 2017.

Xavier took a step back after Mack left.

George Mason has been in the dumps since Larranagga left.

Rose Bowl

LVH, you seem to be a good poster, but you didn’t do much research if you think most of the teams we’re playing in ooc are bad. Colorado is predicted to finish 2nd in the Pac-12 and USC 5th or 6th. I think after last year the Trojans will give us their best shot. Irvine is going to be tough. Winthrop and I’ll St are pretty well coached. Xavier will most likely be top 20 when they arrive at the Scholl so I wouldn’t say they are going backwards. It’s not the hardest schedule ever but it will give this young team challenges they need to get better.

Eight

I will be interested in watching if the team can play together and not worry who gets their shots.

last year's team had talent and potential and whatever went wrong last year with the chemistry happened pretty quickly and decisively

this year you have a number of new guys who are used to being the guy and often times the first option.

the team last year was at its best is when they freely shared the ball. i would love to see that this year.