• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s early exit from Big 12 Tournament could cost Frogs hosting Fort Worth Regional

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s early exit from Big 12 Tournament could cost Frogs hosting Fort Worth Regional

BY STEFAN STEVENSON

TCU baseball’s fate will be left up to the NCAA.

And the way things have gone for the Horned Frogs in the past day or so, that might not be the best news.

The Horned Frogs (37-20) were eliminated from the Big 12 Conference tournament in a 8-4 loss to Oklahoma State on Friday at Globe Life Field.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article261885860.html#storylink=cpy

Pharm Frog

2F163338-41EC-47EA-B0C1-2B64C59F7C59.jpegNew projection. Also…

• Oklahoma State boosted its hosting chances with a win against TCU on Friday, propelling the Cowboys to No. 14 in the RPI. We still give TCU the nod over the Pokes based on the Frogs’ regular-season Big 12 title, which carries enormous weight and should offset TCU’s problematic RPI (No. 36). But if Oklahoma State can beat Texas on Saturday, all bets are off. Perhaps both the Frogs and Cowboys could host in that scenario, at the expense of LSU or North Carolina or Georgia Southern. Or maybe OSU could host and knock TCU out. It’s tough to predict how the committee will handle TCU — hosts with RPIs in the 30s are extremely rare and have so far been limited to the Pac-12, but the Big 12 regular-season champion has always hosted in the 64-team era.

Big Frog II

I think they would have stuck us with Texas State and Dallas Baptist even if we had been the #1 seed. Baseball needs to seed all regionals like basketball based on their rankings not their location.

Pharm Frog

Who cares! Inconsistent pitching = early exit.
You seem to be myopically focused on pitching. I’d take Top 50 ERA over bottom half batting average most years. Everything needs some upgrading but I’d be starting with the offensive side of the equation. And my starting point would be keeping BT out of the transfer portal. Pretty sure Ahuna will head to the SEC.

That said…a fantastic stat from this season:

TCU pitchers have hit 64 batters this season and the Frogs have been hit only 39 times. Bolden has hit 10 by himself but only two pitchers haven’t plunked anyone (Vail and Teplanszky (ha)). I know KS wants to pitch inside but c’mon man.