• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Chandler Morris: “I’ve never been so driven, so hungry to just get out there"

Chongo94

Personally, and I realize this is blasphemy for some on here, but if Boykin hadn’t had Doctson and Listenbee, he wouldn’t be thought of nearly as highly as he is regarding supposed ability.

Doctson routinely went and got badly thrown balls and Listenbee was able to just outright speed under overthrown balls, thankfully.

Boykin sure could run and be evasive though and kept some plays alive through sheer will.

ticketfrog123

Personally, and I realize this is blasphemy for some on here, but if Boykin hadn’t had Doctson and Listenbee, he wouldn’t be thought of nearly as highly as he is regarding supposed ability.

Doctson routinely went and got badly thrown balls and Listenbee was able to just outright speed under overthrown balls, thankfully.

Boykin sure could run and be evasive though and kept some plays alive through sheer will.
Neither of those guys are anywhere near QJ’s level

An-Cap Frog

In his defense, his receivers were good at winning the 50/50 ball, so that is what the offense became. Boykin was good at throwing the 50/50 ball, sometimes into double coverage.

Overtly racist dog whistle comment.
<sarcasm font>
… hadn’t really thought about it but don’t disagree. The counter argument would be he was good at putting the ball where only his guy could get it?

Chongo94

Overtly racist dog whistle comment.
<sarcasm font>
… hadn’t really thought about it but don’t disagree. The counter argument would be he was good at putting the ball where only his guy could get it?
Very well could be true on the counter. It’ll be one of those debates we never know. I just always wonder how that season would’ve shaped up without those two receivers.

Different skill sets. QJ is better at getting open. Doctson was better at high pointing the ball. Boykin had a better deep ball and a better deep ball receiver. Duggan had better short/intermediate distance accuracy with a receiver that could get quick separation.
You mean it’s like comparing apples and oranges. Although they do in fact have different skin tones, it is not relevant to the debate?
- not directed at you

ticketfrog123

You mean it’s like comparing apples and oranges. Although they do in fact have different skin tones, it is not relevant to the debate?
- not directed at you
It’s a QB debate. Take the names off the players and Boykin almost matched Duggan’s career stats in just 2 years

Duggan’s single season stats are skewed by extra games played

Wexahu

It’s a QB debate. Take the names off the players and Boykin almost matched Duggan’s career stats in just 2 years

They were both good. What’s your scheissing point you jackass. Duggan was forced to start as a true freshman before he was ready to play. Boykin sucked until his 4th year in school. Remember when the A&M transfer was expected to beat him out? Big deal. They were both good.

You are the one who accused somebody of racism for opining that Duggan was a better qb. So yes take the names of the Jersey and debate facts. But never mind back to ignore for you…..

Wexahu

The game against Baylor in 21 was a work of art. If he replicates that on a regular basis the sky is the limit.
This whole conversation and debate is pretty dumb. There are so many variables that go into it, but both Boykin and Duggan were very good college QBs. Duh. Struggled mightily early on in their careers, but by the end were both among the best in the game. I think Morris has a chance to be a very good QB too based on what I’ve seen so far. Whether that means Heisman votes, Davey O’Brien awards, CFP appearances, who knows, a lot of different things go into that. The end.