• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Super dad: How TCU’s Innis Gaines balances fatherhood and football all for his son

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Super dad: How TCU’s Innis Gaines balances fatherhood and football all for his son

By Drew Davison

Innis Gaines already sees the athletic genes in his 11 1/2-month-old son. And so do his TCU teammates.

Gaines struggled to contain his son, Aaiden, in the locker room before a recent photo shoot at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

“Corey Bethley is calling him a future D-end already,” Gaines said, laughing. “He’s hitting me with spin moves and juke moves.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article233299692.html#storylink=cpy

BABYFACE

It is a lot to take on when still in college, especially for a collegiate athlete. Takes support from family to make it work. A child definitely forces one to grow up.

Wish Innis the best whether it is playing at the next level or entering the workforce as a college graduate.

jake102

Having a small child is hard as hell as an established 30 year old, I can’t even imagine in college. Assume he doesn’t have as many kid care responsibilities tho

He’s an awesome player, really hope he stays healthy. Fortunately he has the tangible attributes needed for a good shot at NFL draft

Froggish

I can't believe he's already a senior. These guys that only play ST as a freshman, really start to emerge as a soph but don't play all the time, and then get hurt halfway through their junior year......career seems to be go by in a blink of an eye.

I feel like we could say this about 85% of the team...Injuries over the last 3-4 years have been outrageous.