• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Sources: Ex-TCU coach Gary Patterson has talked to Texas about joining football staff

Virginia Frog

Gary, three things for you to consider for your future endeavors-don't look petty, don't regress and GO WEST. 1- It would look petty and small of you to work for another B12 school. And what good will would you gain and lose-it ain't worth it. 2-For the sake of the reputation you have built, do not take a G5 job.
GP should "enjoy" 2022 at a minimum.

Yea, I'm sure he feels a little bruised by his end-of-TCU experience and a quick return (2022) is too much of a "rebound." The return to coaching in any way in 2022 would likely be a salve to his hurt, but I believe it's not in his long-term/legacy interest.

Going to UT - and that proven assclown world down in Burnt Orange Land (it's a place that successful coaches go to kill their careers) - would be a colossal mistake and IMO NOT a trail back to a P5 HC position which is what he most desires. It also would disenfranchise a large part of the same TCU Nation that at some point in the future may deify him and love him forever.
I would say that if GP goes to UT (or B12) and takes up arms vs the Frogs, we don't owe him ANYTHING. Then TCU should take down the statue until he really retires and isn't our foe.

There will be better options for GP if he takes a big step-back, takes a breath and goes slowly. All these out-of-nowhere coach openings none of us saw 2-3 weeks ago: ND, UVA, VaTech, in addition to the ones we all anticipated: FL, LSU, USC, etc. The coaching carousel is ALWAYS MOVING. Gary, don't jump because you were "dumped." Don't damage your TCU friendships, it's not good for any of us. Be smart!

froginaustin

Analyst in Austin makes sense. No recruiting, not on the sidelines, not at practice IIRC. Quick flight from FW. Kelsey a Longhorn. Why not?

Analyst in Austin makes sense, agreed. He'd be expected to stay around only a year (maybe 2) as an analyst i.e. fired head coach in coaching rehab. If he were a coach at UTx, on the other hand, his reputation would be tarred somewhat if the whole staff is canned after mid-season, next year.

If he's an analyst, maybe he can be the interim.

I don't know that Sark will be fired next year. I just know it's likely to happen unless he hits an absolute home run (to mix my sports metaphors). If UTx is 2-3 or 3-3, or some such, and then loses to OU, Sark's office will be cleaned out for him and the locks changed before he can get back to Austin from Dallas. Faster than you can say "David McWilliams".

No inside information here. I've just watched too many years of UTx football not to have a good guess as to how the people whose opinions count, think. My guess is that Sark can not lose to OU, have another embarrassing loss, or lose more than maybe 2 regular season games (and then shine late season/post season), or he is done at UTx.

Eight

Serious question…. Can GP bring anything more than a 4-2-5 emphasis? And…even at that wouldn’t it take 3.5 years of player personnel development to execute against whatever analytical insights GP might offer?

what is interesting is some of the very things that gave texas issues in stopping the run game are the very things that plagued gary's defense at tcu a