• The KillerFrogs

FWST: SMU’s Shane Buechele on facing TCU a third time: ‘This time I want to beat them’

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SMU’s Shane Buechele on facing TCU a third time: ‘This time I want to beat them’

By Drew Davison
SMU quarterback Shane Buechele has a simple goal when he faces TCU on Saturday in Fort Worth.

“This time I want to beat them,” Buechele told the Star-Telegram on Thursday. “I’ve played them twice and I haven’t beaten them. It’ll be important for us to play our game and go out and execute.

“We’ve been in the film room a lot. It’s a big game for us and our program.”

It’ll all go down at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Amon G. Carter Stadium. SMU last knocked off TCU in 2011, and has lost by an average of 31 points the past six games.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article235257512.html#storylink=cpy

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
You couldn't beat us with Texas talent, and now you are going to beat us with SMU talent?

tenor.gif

Bob

They say people in hell want a glass of ice water too. They have about the same chance of getting their wish.

CountryFrog

We need to be careful here. Methodist always brings their best and often their dirtiest vs TCU. I never like this game as they always are physical, they concern me than Purdue. More athletic.

Let’s get this one! Get to 5-0 if we do.
We need to be VERY careful. We already knew about all of their stud transfers that they've added who were the best players in their former P5 teams but wanted to come to SMU just to be contributors. Now with this late breaking news that their QB actually wants to win the game then we could be in serious trouble.

Has anyone talked to any of our players? Do we know which ones, if any, want to win this game? GP needs to just find the 11 guys who want to win the most and send them out there every play.

Buechele has thrown down the gauntlet. Now comes the arduous task of implementing such a challenge.

Our primary concern being.....how will the Frogs respond?

We need to be careful here. Methodist always brings their best and often their dirtiest vs TCU. I never like this game as they always are physical, they concern me than Purdue. More athletic.

Let’s get this one! Get to 5-0 if we do.
They bring their best but still average losing by 31 every year?

LisaLT

We need guns blazing this weekend. Scorched earth. Do not want to lose this one.

No mistakes. Better passing game. Hard hitting defense. Keep the skillet in the Fort.

Wexahu

We need guns blazing this weekend. Scorched earth. Do not want to lose this one.

No mistakes. Better passing game. Hard hitting defense. Keep the skillet in the Fort.

Right. If we jack around like we've done quite a bit in recent history, this game is going to be closer than anyone wants. It's funny, it's like there can't be any middle ground between them not even deserving to be in the same stadium as us and them coming in and beating our ass. The reality is this has the potential to be a pretty good game. We're 9.5 point favorites which projects to a 1-score game going into the 4th quarter, I imagine if that happens the freak out factor will be huge on this board.

LisaLT

Right. If we jack around like we've done quite a bit in recent history, this game is going to be closer than anyone wants. It's funny, it's like there can't be any middle ground between them not even deserving to be in the same stadium as us and them coming in and beating our ass. The reality is this has the potential to be a pretty good game. We're 9.5 point favorites which projects to a 1-score game going into the 4th quarter, I imagine if that happens the freak out factor will be huge on this board.
College football man. Ever since we lost to Kansas, I take every single game as a serious game (FCS opponents aside).

Wexahu

College football man. Ever since we lost to Kansas, I take every single game as a serious game (FCS opponents aside).

Ha! It took losing to Kansas for you to understand that? How about losing to SMU in 2011? Or any number of bad losses we've had? Upsets happen every single week in college football, and they usually happen to the teams that take their opponent lightly. And yes, i know that us message board posters aren't playing in the game so it doesn't matter what we think, but i do think if there is a vibe going among the fan base that this is going to be a easy win because we are just that much better than them, it can trickle down to the team a bit.