• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Shorthanded TCU can't keep up at No. 20 West Virginia

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Shorthanded TCU can't keep up at No. 20 West Virginia

BY STEFAN STEVENSON
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

TCU hung around within striking distance until the final four minutes but the Horned Frogs' thin bench was too much to overcome against No. 20 West Virginia on Monday night.

The Mountaineers (19-7, 8-5 Big 12) pulled away in the final three minutes to beat TCU 82-66 at WVU Coliseum.

TCU was playing with just seven scholarship players. Shawn Olden was still unavailable after suffering a concussion at Kansas.

The Frogs (17-9, 5-8) are now 0-6 all-time in Morgantown. The Frogs are 2-5 on the road in the Big 12 this season. WVU avenged its first-ever loss to TCU from two weeks ago in Fort Worth. The 16-point loss is the biggest for TCU this season. The Frogs' first five losses in the league were by a combined 19 points.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/mens-basketball/article199784809.html

Limp Lizard

Get a little rest now. Get their legs back and just as importantly get Olden back. Seven is just too few. Three very winnable game at home, plus a good shot ISU. And for some reason I feel optimistic about @ TT.

TCU2002

I don't know about having a shot in Lubbock. The best thing is to not need that game.

This upcoming game with Oklahoma State is as meaningful a game as there has been since....the Texas game last Saturday. The Frogs are playing to stay alive, IMO. With a win on Saturday, they will go to Ames with an opportunity to truly bring the first NCAA bid in 20 years firmly into view. I think they will respond in that scenario, just as they did in Stillwater a couple of weeks ago.

Of course, all ISU has done is, while in last place, win their last three Big 12 homegames against Top 20 teams (Tech, WVU, Oklahoma) with a chance to make it 4 when KU visits tonight. On second thought, it might be nuts to think the Frogs can win in Ames.

So yes, Saturday against the Pokes is about a big as it gets, at least until some future season if the Frogs have the chance to close out a conference regular season championship or something.

Sebastian S

I don't even know who to root for anymore in the conference, such a mess.

Right now I just want absolute chaos with TCU landing somewhere in the middle.

Sebastian S

I think I have an idea.

1. Rooting for TCU to win out.
  2. I am rooting for the teams we have already played 2x to win out - OU, WVU, Texas, KU - if they play against each other, I am rooting for the one with a better record to win

Portland Frog

"The last time TCU defeated a ranked team on the road was No. 24 Hawaii on Jan. 19, 1998."

Not surprising given the frogs' recent history in men's hoops, but dang, it still stings.