• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Senior Day meltdown: Inside TCU’s 20-point collapse against Oklahoma

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I cannot believe we blew that game. Second half defense was terrible. Ball handling poor (again), etc. Inexcusable completely blowing that lead.

I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter. We are NIT bound, and is anyone at this point of the Dixon era that excited about it?

As a fan I can watch Bane a couple of more times.

CountryFrog

If a player disappears on the court can it really be said he was watched?
I know you like to say this about Bane but OU made a pretty clear concerted effort in the second half to run him off shots and get the ball out of his hands.

Credit to OU for adjusting defensively to our best player when we seemingly looked content to continue to allow Reaves to go 1-on-1 every time down the floor, often with big guys guarding him on terrible switches.

Pharm Frog

I know you like to say this about Bane but OU made a pretty clear concerted effort in the second half to run him off shots and get the ball out of his hands.

Credit to OU for adjusting defensively to our best player when we seemingly looked content to continue to allow Reaves to go 1-on-1 every time down the floor, often with big guys guarding him on terrible switches.

Every team in this conference has attempted to run Bane off his shots. There was nothing unique about OUs efforts in this regard. Sometimes Bane takes over by overcoming and more often he does not.

EDIT: And Bane gives up the ball far too easily and quickly even when he does get it.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
The defensive difference last night to me was when they started jumping the high pick.

They pounced on the guard with a double team, virtually daring them to thread a pass blindly into Samuel, who was diving towards the basket. Now, on the occasions when we did manage to get it to him, they were bringing another defender but he was typically too low to be effective. But we didn't do it enough, we usually passed off to another guard who came to help, and those offensive sequences ended poorly for the most part.

We make a few more good passes into Samuel yesterday, he probably gets a couple more dunks, we probably win.

Froggish

Program building starts with a good staircase. You got to build the steps and keep climbing. Eventually with the right coach and the right recruiting you get to an elevator that will accelerate the process. I’m not a believer JD is the kind of coach that get us on the elevator but I absolutely believed the right guy to build the stairs.