• The KillerFrogs

FWST: NIL and Lamborghinis: The Wild West has college football suits tight in their khakis

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
NIL and Lamborghinis: The Wild West has college football suits tight in their khakis

BY CLARENCE E. HILL JR.

Poor Texas football.

Yes, poor Texas is catching hell.

And in some ways deservedly so.

First, Texas was mocked, lampooned and laughed at from coast to coast for going 0 for 262 in the NFL Draft.

Yes, the state had the most players selected, including those from UTSA, Ouachita Baptist and Sam Houston State. But none from the richest program in football.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/article261179752.html#storylink=cpy

McFroggin

NIL and Lamborghinis: The Wild West has college football suits tight in their khakis

BY CLARENCE E. HILL JR.

Poor Texas football.

Yes, poor Texas is catching hell.

And in some ways deservedly so.

First, Texas was mocked, lampooned and laughed at from coast to coast for going 0 for 262 in the NFL Draft.

Yes, the state had the most players selected, including those from UTSA, Ouachita Baptist and Sam Houston State. But none from the richest program in football.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/article261179752.html#storylink=cpy
Ouachita Baptist campus is in Texas now? I’d say it’s the city confusing them as it sounds like Philadelphia, but that doesn’t put it in Texas either? Maybe a 5 year old wrote this?

Palliative Care

What this means is that neither TCU or Texas had much senior talent last year. Their losing records demonstrate that point. Also it shows how stupid ESPN is saying Texas is a top 10 team going into the fall. They should leave their magical thinking at Hogwarts.

HornyWartyToad

What this means is that neither TCU or Texas had much senior talent last year. Their losing records demonstrate that point. Also it shows how stupid ESPN is saying Texas is a top 10 team going into the fall. They should leave their magical thinking at Hogwarts.
You obviously haven't heard, Texas is Back. I mean come on, did you not even see the new lockers??? Try to keep up.

Palliative Care

BTW the same could be said of TCU. I am not throwing cold water on the team. However, expectations need to be tempered by the knowledge that you were as good as your last season's record and that learning to win takes time. This is like a brand new team in many ways starting with new a offense and defense. Also their is a completely new or revamped staff. Can we win? Yes of course and expecting to having a winning season is not unreasonable. But hold off plans for going to the conference championship game for at least a couple of seasons.

Palliative Care

What next? Middle school, Junior High, and Elementary schools? For example a 12 y/o gymnastics performer. Teenage soccer players? Stop all of this madness! And can you imagine the parents of these kids? Greed and selling out your kid’s image for cash! Yuk.

Relic

I've got no problem with NIL for pre-schoolers. The world has flipped upside down; things I grew up thinking I had learned, like what makes a girl a girl, have gone out the window. If some fool wants to pay a tiny kid for playing a sport, have at it. And if the kid starts having problems competing, just have him/her switch genders and give it a go...

Uterus, scooterus,
Sis, boom bam.
I might be a girl,
I think that's what I am.

Testicles, festicles,
Riff, ram, roy.
Looked in my pants,
Gosh! I think I am a boy!

ECoastFrog

BTW the same could be said of TCU. I am not throwing cold water on the team. However, expectations need to be tempered by the knowledge that you were as good as your last season's record and that learning to win takes time. This is like a brand new team in many ways starting with new a offense and defense. Also their is a completely new or revamped staff. Can we win? Yes of course and expecting to having a winning season is not unreasonable. But hold off plans for going to the conference championship game for at least a couple of seasons.
Look at Baylor. two new FB coaches in a row, Rhule and Aranda, had dismal first seasons and afterwards were/are fantastic. I know I need to be patient with the process of switching gears....

GO FROGS!!!!

tcudoc

I've got no problem with NIL for pre-schoolers. The world has flipped upside down; things I grew up thinking I had learned, like what makes a girl a girl, have gone out the window. If some fool wants to pay a tiny kid for playing a sport, have at it. And if the kid starts having problems competing, just have him/her switch genders and give it a go...

Uterus, scooterus,
Sis, boom bam.
I might be a girl,
I think that's what I am.

Testicles, festicles,
Riff, ram, roy.
Looked in my pants,
Gosh! I think I am a boy!
Is that in 5/4 time or is that iambic pentameter?

Pharm Frog

I hope this is a joke. What could go wrong with paying 14 year olds? All those childhood actors go on to being well adjusted adults.
Not a joke. Even pointed out two HS basketball players who said they’d use the $ to help their families. I think they said they were from NY.

Pharm Frog

I hope this is a joke. What could go wrong with paying 14 year olds? All those childhood actors go on to being well adjusted adults.
Since then, Alaska, California, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Louisiana and Utah have created laws or policies allowing NIL compensation for high school athletes.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Since then, Alaska, California, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Louisiana and Utah have created laws or policies allowing NIL compensation for high school athletes.

That's simply crazy. Too many H.S. kids are Entitlement Monsters due to social media already. Now we're going to start heaving money at them? Oh yeah. That'll end well...

Enjoy these next couple of years of College Football, because after that it will fall off a cliff...