• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Nebraska basketball player ejected during NIT game against TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: Nebraska basketball player ejected during NIT game against TCU

By Drew Davison

Nebraska junior forward Isaiah Roby was ejected from Sunday night’s second-round NIT matchup with TCU at Schollmaier Arena.

Roby, 6-foot-8, 230 pounds, was called for a “Flagrant 2” foul with 11:59 remaining in the game, noticeably throwing TCU freshman guard Kendric Davis (5-11, 180) off him midway through the second half.

Davis lost control of the ball and he and Roby each went for the loose ball. Roby came away with it, but Davis tried to deflect a pass. Shortly after, Roby shoved Davis off forcibly.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article228367279.html#storylink=cpy

Eight

i am not going to read the article because i am not sure what the story is here from drew.

the flagrant 2 foul also was roby's 5th foul of the game and so he was disqualified from the game regardless of the type of foul. the only question was whether or not he was watching from the bench or the locker room.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
i am not going to read the article because i am not sure what the story is here from drew.

the flagrant 2 foul also was roby's 5th foul of the game and so he was disqualified from the game regardless of the type of foul. the only question was whether or not he was watching from the bench or the locker room.

Why would either occurrence merit a headline, much less a separate story?

Froginbedford

Why would either occurrence merit a headline, much less a separate story?

Maybe because the ESPN announcers identified it at the turning point of the game and without its occurrence, they believed and hoped Nebraska would win, setting up an in-state game with Creighton....They did seem a bit pro-Corn....

VA Froggie

Correct. The way it was written his ejection took him out of the game. Not.