• The KillerFrogs

FWST: NCAA approves model to start college football on time as TCU, others add safety measures

PhillyFrog

Viral infections are the highest they have ever been here in Austin, right now.

Wife works for the State Bar of Texas, in a building right across the street from the Supreme Court - Court of Criminal Appeals building. SBOT was previously planning to start bringing people back into the building in mid-August. Because of the increasing COVID infection rate, SBOT executive leadership (that hardly scratches its backside without clearing it first with (a) the board of directors of the State Bar, and (b) the justices of the Texas Supreme Court, the public officials ultimately responsible for managing the SBOT) is now saying that NO ONE will get back into the building before mid-September, if then, and re-opening the building will be gradual and phased. It is rumored that Gov. Abbott has quietly, informally signed off.

It doesn't look good for allowing full stadiums for football games in September.

I hope the June 20 Tulsa rally doesn't result in a bunch of infections. If it does, that could be a problem for football season and the whole economy.

I was told that the summer heat would burn out the virus.

Putt4Purple

I really do not see any way there will be more than 50% of the fans allowed in stadiums this year. Well barring a miracle cure.

You don't see any way because you believe Fauci and the unreliable models that said 2.2 million will die? They were wrong and you are wrong. The stadiums will be full and football will be the reason. I'm sure you'll enjoy watching it from your couch. Have fun!

Last edited:
You don't see any way because you believe Fauci and the unreliable models that said 2.2 million will die? They were wrong and you are wrong. The stadiums will be full and football will be the reason. I'm sure you'll enjoy watching it from your couch. Have fun!
I (doing my best to play devil's advocate) do not believe everyone was necessarily "wrong" but do believe no one was necessarily "correct." We do not know what we do not know. Everyone's "models" were off - on all sides.

Putt4Purple

I (doing my best to play devil's advocate) do not believe everyone was necessarily "wrong" but do believe no one was necessarily "correct." We do not know what we do not know. Everyone's "models" were off - on all sides.

I understand and agree. That is the reason for my over the top reply. I take precautions but am not scared to go out and live life. We all are going to die from something someday.

PhillyFrog

All models are wrong, but some are useful.

tumblr-inline-o7a8kmx-M801ta7ve7-1280.jpg