• The KillerFrogs

FWST: National Signing Day: TCU misses out on Jaden Rashada

PineyWoodsFrog

I'm already exhausted of the "future QB" and "QB competition" talk. We have a QB, that was named the starter last year, ahead of a Heisman finalist (whom Sonny coached agsinst TWICE and still said the other guy was better), who got off to a rocky start in the 1st half of the 1st game of the season but started to click in the 2nd half, but had his entire season derailed due to a non-contact injury that has given him the "injury-prone" label, that was pretty dang good 2 years ago against Baylor. The result of Max's season does not mean Chandler didn't deserve to be the starter and Sonny's decision was wrong, unless you also believe the result of the championship game means we didn't deserve to be there. I'm aware that I'm hanging my hat on 1 game from Chandler, but I saw too many things in that 1 game to not be a believer. If Briles can't cater the offense to Chandler's strengths just because he doesn't have the running ability of Duggan or KJ Jefferson, that's a Briles problem, not a Chandler problem and we got the wrong guy at coordinator. Enough with the "missing out on elite QBs". We have a QB and I can't wait to see him behind center as our starter again and I'm expecting great things.

Eight

I'm already exhausted of the "future QB" and "QB competition" talk. We have a QB, that was named the starter last year, ahead of a Heisman finalist (whom Sonny coached agsinst TWICE and still said the other guy was better), who got off to a rocky start in the 1st half of the 1st game of the season but started to click in the 2nd half, but had his entire season derailed due to a non-contact injury that has given him the "injury-prone" label, that was pretty dang good 2 years ago against Baylor. The result of Max's season does not mean Chandler didn't deserve to be the starter and Sonny's decision was wrong, unless you also believe the result of the championship game means we didn't deserve to be there. I'm aware that I'm hanging my hat on 1 game from Chandler, but I saw too many things in that 1 game to not be a believer. If Briles can't cater the offense to Chandler's strengths just because he doesn't have the running ability of Duggan or KJ Jefferson, that's a Briles problem, not a Chandler problem and we got the wrong guy at coordinator. Enough with the "missing out on elite QBs". We have a QB and I can't wait to see him behind center as our starter again and I'm expecting great things.

well said

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Ben Vereen Reaction GIF by CBS

frogetaboutit

Hell yeah

Traveling Frog

The reason people are going insane is the coaches are putting our season in the hands of a kid who has started 3 games and was knocked Out of 2 of them for significant time. We were so close to landing a couple elite prospects and missed. Even if Morris isn’t injury prone chances are he is going to miss time. I would put money in it. From all the info out there we don’t have a backup cable of carrying the team. If he misses time we’re screwed. Just look at when Oklahoma state or Oklahoma lost their starter last year. They were awful.

McFroggin

Incorrect. Chandler has the injury prone label because he hasn’t survived even half of the games he has started. This isn’t a 1 time thing last year. It is now a trend.

Chandler has gotten significantly injured in 66% of games started. Who starts if not Morris? Hoover is not ready.

froginmn

The reason people are going insane is the coaches are putting our season in the hands of a kid who has started 3 games and was knocked Out of 2 of them for significant time.
Worth noting that in the OK State game he was "knocked out of", he walked off the field on fourth down when we were down 49-3 and was then replaced in the next series by Sam Jackson, and it was also the fourth game he had played in so participation in either of the last two games of that 5-7 season (the "significant time" he missed) would have burned his redshirt.

This is about the backup QB behind Morris more than it is Morris. TCU needs a QB1 quality backup, like last year, but every team does because there is a good chance that QB1 goes down and out for some time.

I agree with everything you state about Morris but don’t count me as calling him injury prone yet because the history is not long enough. But, that brief injury history and his size make many fans believe he likely won’t start every game this season with strong possibility he misses more than a couple. Count me in that group. So the backup QB this year has some degree of greater importance, but it is always very important.

We didn’t have concern in 2022 because we knew we had two QB1’s. We were spoiled and that is a compliment to Morris. We knew that Duggan or Morris could step in and excel too, and then there was Sam Jackson whom was intriguing and if needed we would be excited to see his nimble feet and reported good arm.

TCU unexpectedly lost Jackson so next season brings us to redshirt freshman Josh Hoover, maybe redshirt sophomore Trent Battle back at QB or someone else between now and kickoff, all of whom we know nothing about their capability at this point.

Last edited:

bc puckett

Incorrect. Chandler has the injury prone label because he hasn’t survived even half of the games he has started. This isn’t a 1 time thing last year. It is now a trend.

Chandler has gotten significantly injured in 66% of games started. Who starts if not Morris? Hoover is not ready.
And you know Hoover’s not ready how?

Eight

The reason people are going insane is the coaches are putting our season in the hands of a kid who has started 3 games and was knocked Out of 2 of them for significant time. We were so close to landing a couple elite prospects and missed. Even if Morris isn’t injury prone chances are he is going to miss time. I would put money in it. From all the info out there we don’t have a backup cable of carrying the team. If he misses time we’re screwed. Just look at when Oklahoma state or Oklahoma lost their starter last year. They were awful.

remind me, is it august yet?