1. The KillerFrogs

FWST: More details emerge from the arrest of TCU RB Sewo Olonilua

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by TopFrog, May 29, 2019.

1. More details emerge from the arrest of TCU RB Sewo Olonilua

By Drew Davison

More details have emerged from the arrest of TCU running back Sewo Olonilua earlier this month in Hunstville, Texas.

Police said they found marijuana edibles, a vape pen with a cartridge containing liquid THC (tetrahydrocannabinol, the psychoactive substance in marijuana) and a gold grinder with marijuana residue in Olonilua’s vehicle, according to an arrest report obtained by the Star-Telegram.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article230902419.html#storylink=cpy

2. Ok, he was doing edible pot and vaping. Felony charges is a joke.

3. No DA is going to take this to court as a felony. This will be plead down to a misdemeanor with no jail time. Let’s just hope that happens soon enough for TCU to decide an appropriate punishment - hopefully just a game or two suspension.

4. Edibles is exactly what I predicted in the other thread as this is exactly what happened to a close friend of mine last month.

Because of the total weight of the edibles they have no choice to charge a felony. It's a state law. However, getting it reduced from a felony is usually very easy to do if there wasnt other circumstances involved.

This is all very good news IMO...

TX_Krötenechse and PhillyFrog like this.
  5. Yeah, you really have to think that his otherwise good track record will mitigate both the school and the legal disciplinary outcomes.

Hang in there, Sewo!

DixieFrog likes this.
  6. Vape, a grinder, and edibles. Young man sure knows how to diversify!

Shorty, Wog68 and DixieFrog like this.
  7. Laws in Texas are antiquated and need to be updated

8. Yup, variety is the spice of life.
    In another few years, this will just be viewed as good clean fun for anyone 21+.

DixieFrog likes this.
  9. Question for legal folks / NCAA experts, is there anything that says TCU has to do anything about this? Seems with the way the wind is blowing, it's going to be legal soon enough anyway, does TCU have the liberty to say "Yeah, we don't test for that"?

10. The holy herb trinity. He will fit right in the NFL as a pro cannabis consumer.

Free Sewo.

11. Don’t test for breaking the law?

Mean Purple likes this.
  12. I mean can they just say something along the lines "We consider that a private matter along the lines of a speeding ticket, and it won't affect his status as a player at this time"?

13. Pretty sure Sewo broke the team rules by:
    A. Breaking the Law
    B. Indulging in the Devil's Lettuce.

How will Patterson respond? How has he responded in the past? I look to how he handled Pachall. Let him come back after rehab... So, Sewo may miss the season.

14. Don’t see why not, as long as they do that for all students.

15. That seems a bit harsh. Pachall had a definite on-going issue that threatened not only his safety, but others as well.
    I just don’t see that here. At least, not yet.

16. Cocaine and Driving drunk are wayyyyyyyyyyyy more serious than a little pot. I agree a thousand percent. However, it is still an illegal substance, and Patterson is all about being fair. If he could have handled this internally, I'm sure he would have. But now that it is a legal matter, to help him get out of trouble I'm sure a little rehab wouldn't hurt in the eyes of the school and the law.

SparkleFrog and Punter1 like this.
  17. From a policy standpoint, I'm guessing there is some pressure at least internally to pee test him right now. If they don't, then putting him back on the field come fall will be viewed at least by some as tainted. In a media case it becomes much harder for Gary to stand up at B12 Media days for example and say, "privacy laws."
    If you look at what Gary has done in the past, I'd guess if Sewo sees the field in the fall it will be accompanied by a statement along the lines of, "He's done everything we've asked of him to be eligible to return." Same kind of stuff he said when Casey came back after his DWI. I'd think pissing clean would have to be a part of that, whether that's stated publicly or not.

Horny4TCU likes this.
  18. There you go. Let’s all vote in Texas so the pot heads don’t go to jail. We want to be California. Here’s an idea, move to CA now. You can sit on your couch on Election Day stoned, knowing everyone else will vote for you accordingly.

Punter1, mathman and Wog68 like this.
  19. I’ll go on record and guess that as long as it gets knocked down to the misdemeanor it ought to be and he complies with TCU drug policy which requires counseling and clean testing, he misses the first 4 games. Assuming this is his first violation.

20. Well, that's a little harsh.

I'm a conservative and I am pro-pot. I don't think it should illegal. It is no where near as dangerous as already legal substances, like alcohol. However, I do think legalization brings the wrong type of people to a city or state... Look at Seattle or San Francisco for examples. However, I do think policy could exist where my conservative morals and pot could be legal.