• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Lat Mayen out for season with knee injury

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: Lat Mayen out for season with knee injury

By Drew Davison

TCU coach Jamie Dixon has been coaching college basketball in some capacity for the past 30 years. And he’s never seen what’s happened to his team this year.

Injuries continue to deplete TCU’s roster depth. The latest blow is freshman forward Lat Mayen, who will miss the rest of the season with a left knee injury. Dixon broke the news after TCU’s 71-62 loss to Oklahoma on Saturday.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article226387140.html#storylink=cpy

BABYFACE

This was a good team to start the season with. Just shows how important that having team chemistry and limited injuries are to a team’s season. This season’s team had neither. Tough hand to be dealt.

2018 was rough on FB, baseball, and now basketball pertaining to attrition. Hopefully this squares the Frogs with the Gods of Sport.

Leap Frog

i am not sure this is a situation or a seaon you right as much as get through, recruit to fill your needs, correct the things that need to be fixed for next season, and move forward.
Well, Jamie is not ready to give up on this season, and neither am I. My point being let's finish strong, and the program will benefit from that.
Frogs have lots of year left, and we can get our young players some valuable experience-- let's see what happens.

Eight

Well, Jamie is not ready to give up on this season, and neither am I. My point being let's finish strong, and the program will benefit from that.
Frogs have lots of year left, and we can get our young players some valuable experience-- let's see what happens.

who said anything about giving up on the season?

simply that fixing some of the problems of this year are not going to happen because there is no way to replace 5 players who are no longer on this roster or able to play.

frogs just don't have a body to replace lat as the only three bigs they have on the roster are samuel, barlow, and miller.

rj is the player who would benefit from the extra minutes with noi out as davis and samuel were getting minutes from the start of the year.

again, this isn't a matter of quitting on the year as recognizing some of these challenges won't be resolved until new bodies can be brought onto the roster.

Leap Frog

who said anything about giving up on the season?

simply that fixing some of the problems of this year are not going to happen because there is no way to replace 5 players who are no longer on this roster or able to play.

frogs just don't have a body to replace lat as the only three bigs they have on the roster are samuel, barlow, and miller.

rj is the player who would benefit from the extra minutes with noi out as davis and samuel were getting minutes from the start of the year.

again, this isn't a matter of quitting on the year as recognizing some of these challenges won't be resolved until new bodies can be brought onto the roster.

Can I surrender? You know more than I do, and I don't feel like debating it. Hope this year ends on a positive note for all of us.

netty2424

Do football and basketball use the same sports science and injury prevention staff?

Really starting to question why so many of our teams seemingly have considerable injuries every single year.
Fair question at this point.

GP said he’s never seen so many injuries as he had this year. Hard to imagine after 2015 season it could get any worse.