• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Kolby Listenbee lashes out at 'fake' TCU fans after article claims he's 'made of glass'

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Listenbee tweet (with blur).png
Kolby Listenbee lashes out at 'fake' TCU fans after article claims he's 'made of glass'

BY JORDAN RAY
jray@star-telegram.com

If TCU fans weren't angry enough at former wide receiver Kolby Listenbee, a recent tweet of his probably won't change their minds.

Listenbee, who was cut by the Indianapolis Colts Friday morning, didn't take kindly to a satirical article by FrogsWire.com that said he was "made of glass."

"LMAO," Listenbee tweeted. "to all the players that currently played/playing at TCU watch how these fans are they fake. 7-6;4-12 seasons stadiums was empty… 2014 they praise you put you on a pedestal for winning 3 years later they claim you was never good enough in the first place.. [expletive] you"

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article211461884.html

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Not gonna lie...kinda fun watching this meltdown. I’m sure this stuff is rampant all over social media but I’m generally not aware of it while it’s in progress.
Once again, this proves that these kids shouldn't publish every thought that passes through their (lack of) brains, and others don't need to read it or pass it along.

Pharm Frog

Once again, this proves that these kids shouldn't publish every thought that passes through their (lack of) brains, and others don't need to read it or pass it along.

Even though I'm an "old", I don't consider 24-year-old's to be "kids". Where I really disagree is that others shouldn't pass it along. In the past few years, I have avoided several potential hiring mistakes precisely because people passed along others' social media musings. I consider it almost a public service.

Frog DJ

In a potential employer's eyes, you are the sum total of your parts, and that includes your musings on social media.

In my company, we pay close attention to applicants' postings, and they play a role in our final decisions.

What used to be passing comments in social interactions have become matters of permanent record.

Words mean things, and they can come back to haunt you many years later down the road.

In this day and age of technology, "Loose lips sink ships" might be an understatement.

Go Frogs!

Austintxfrog94

In a potential employer's eyes, you are the sum total of your parts, and that includes your musings on social media.

In my company, we pay close attention to applicants' postings, and they play a role in our final decisions.

What used to be passing comments in social interactions have become matters of permanent record.

Words mean things, and they can come back to haunt you many years later down the road.

In this day and age of technology, "Loose lips sink ships" might be an understatement.

Go Frogs!
Or just loose lips and broken hips in Kolby’s case.

Chongo94

Y'all call out Listenbee for his social media. It was Frogswire who relished when Listenbee got cut from the Colts and had fun with his medical history. Classless on both sides.

I’d point out that his social media had a bit of a don’t test karma incident just one day before all this, with him, I’m assuming making an attempt at humor, tweeting a comment about people having to work. It wasn’t funny. Maybe it was classless by Frogswire but satire can be that way at times.

Last edited:

Zubaz

The Frogswire piece wasn't very funny, IMO. They can claim satire, but it basically boiled down to "Neener neener he got cut neener neener injury prone". Seemed to just relish in Kolbys failure. Not very clever or sharp, more mean spirited than anything else.

I don't even know what to say about Kolbys twitter feed though. I think he has more tweets yesterday than I have ever.

Chongo94

The Frogswire piece wasn't very funny, IMO. They can claim satire, but it basically boiled down to "Neener neener he got cut neener neener injury prone". Seemed to just relish in Kolbys failure. Not very clever or sharp, more mean spirited than anything else.

I don't even know what to say about Kolbys twitter feed though. I think he has more tweets yesterday than I have ever.

He has more tweets than many brand conscious social media women I know. Never seen a person tweet so much about such inane stuff.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

The frogwire thing was pretty childish and not that funny - but if Listenbee is try to prove the concept of "once a frog, always a frog" wrong - he sure is doing a good job of it. Calling out our fan base while you sue our school and the greatest coach we have ever had is pretty much making yourself Benedict Arnold...