• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Is prized freshman Justin Rogers an option at QB for TCU these final two games?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Is prized freshman Justin Rogers an option at QB for TCU these final two games?

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

TCU prized freshman quarterback Justin Rogers is not healthy enough to play in game situations yet.

“Justin Rogers would’ve already taken a couple snaps if he was totally cleared to be able to do everything he needs to do,” coach Gary Patterson said on Tuesday.

Rogers, a standout quarterback from Bossier City, Louisiana, has been limited since coming to TCU. He sustained a significant knee injury, including a torn anterior cruciate ligament and drop-foot condition, in the season opener for Parkway High School in August 2017.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article221619190.html

tcumaniac

I've unfortunately been told fans need to tap the breaks on our expectations of JR. In his current state, he is a shell of the QB we originally recruited.

Definitely not time to write him off completely, but sounds like he still has a long way to go. Sounds like next season will most likely be a battle between Shawn and Mike.

BigPurple87

I've unfortunately been told fans need to tap the breaks on our expectations of JR. In his current state, he is a shell of the QB we originally recruited.

Definitely not time to write him off completely, but sounds like he still has a long way to go. Sounds like next season will most likely be a battle between Shawn and Mike.

Tried to tell everyone this. He may never play again

Froggy Style

I am for all of our QBs but am looking forward to the coming of Rooster 2.0.

BTW I am one who still thinks SR is going to be great for us.
Just needs two things:
1. Learn how to carry the ball (I.e.: not like a loaf of bread)
2. Learn how to read underneath coverage.

Unfortunately, I said these same things after Tech 2017.

Froggy Style

So YOU specifically tried to tell everyone this? Nevermind the 15 months worth of posts from any number of posters saying the same thing.
Point taken. My statement was meant to be that coaches didn’t seem to do much player development in the offseason...not that I, Froggy Style, am the baddest MF in town.

Please change “l” to “we the fans” in my original statement.

Portland Frog

As others have said Jaylen Smith with the Cowboys looks great in 2018 but it took a second year to return to top form. The dude brings it now. He wasn’t 100% last year, but was serviceable. Maybe JR will be ready to roll in 2020.