• The KillerFrogs

FWST: If history holds, TCU football should have another strong season in 2018

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
If history holds, TCU football should have another strong season in 2018

BY STEFAN STEVENSON
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

Five years ago, TCU athletics was licking its wounds.

It was 2013 and the Horned Frogs had just completed their second season in the Big 12 Conference.

At the time, it seemed as if all those internet loud mouths who had been predicting failure for the Frogs in a "big boy" conference were onto something.

Read more at http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article206119619.html

Eight

holy [ Finebaum ]......does stefan get paid to write this crap:

"In 2018, Patterson will be tasked with following up an 11-3 season.

If history under Patterson repeats itself, the Frogs should be just fine next fall.

In Patterson's 17 seasons, three times he's had consecutive seasons of 10 or more wins followed by a down year. This doesn't include a four-year stretch when the Frogs followed an eight-win 2007 season with four consecutive seasons of at least 11 wins, from 2008-11."

all stefan needed to say is historically gary's teams have consecutive seasons of 10 wins and not that crap above

Eight

He just gives the details for those too lazy to look at the chart. I had no problem with the article. To just say Gary's teams have consecutive seasons of 10+ wins is not worth doing.

throwing numbers together in a jumble of sentences in what is basically a literary jackson pollock painting is not giving details.

the article as a whole wasn't worth doing because it was poorly written and the layout of that page was freaking terrible. it was done solely to generate traffic and serve as new content and is a perfect example of what has gone wrong with the media today.

poorly written, jumbled content, three different instances of things not associated with the article jammed in the layout when they only serve as a distraction from the article and don't provide supporting information, and then the tables which are quite clear to read and make the strongest statement of the opinion expressed in the headline is buried "all the way" at the bottom

blackie sherrod would piss on that article, wait, that would be a waste of the scotch he drank last night. he would have a cub reporter piss on that article

WhatTheFrog

Go easy on Limp. He's my guy.
I'm just giving the grumpy avatar guy a hard time. Can people not give others a hard time around here? Seems to be the rule of the day.

Should I take the raft of crap I've received around here personally? I haven't, so far.

Limp Lizard

The
I'm just giving the grumpy avatar guy a hard time. Can people not give others a hard time around here? Seems to be the rule of the day.

Should I take the raft of crap I've received around here personally? I haven't, so far.
The grumpy avatar guy was Paut Paulsen, a comedian. In 1968 he "ran" for president, having a tour of "rallys" which were comedy shows. He had a show at TCU in Ed Landreth. He took a "break" , broke out a sandwich and put on a Freshman beanie. Someone from the audience yelled "You horny toad!" to which he replied "No, just a limp lizard."

His tour was enjoyed because we knew a guy who made such outrageous statements could never be elected President.:rolleyes:

WhatTheFrog

The

The grumpy avatar guy was Paut Paulsen, a comedian. In 1968 he "ran" for president, having a tour of "rallys" which were comedy shows. He had a show at TCU in Ed Landreth. He took a "break" , broke out a sandwich and put on a Freshman beanie. Someone from the audience yelled "You horny toad!" to which he replied "No, just a limp lizard."

His tour was enjoyed because we knew a guy who made such outrageous statements could never be elected President.:rolleyes:
Thanks for the history lesson. Great story (seriously)!