• The KillerFrogs

FWST: If Baylor loses to TCU this time, the Bears are frauds

Billy Clyde

I agree with about small community papers

Yep those things are a gold mine. Friend of mine owned the one in the small East Texas town where I once worked, and bought it, worked it for about 15 years, and sold it for enough gain to retire. Adverts in those papers are like mailbox money that just keeps coming in.

Dogfrog

At the risk of pissing people off by pasting his crap writing on here, I present to you an excerpt from an article from the hometown newspaper. I'll stress that again: An article FROM THE FORT WORTH STAR-TELEGRAM. Written by a writer that at some point in time has been an adjunct professor at TCU. About a rival that the mere name inspires gag reflex actions of fans in the city where he is employed:

*ahem*

"The Bears are 2.5-point favorites, and they should win their first game in this series since 2014.

They should have hammered TCU last season in Waco. Instead, Rhule left with his worst loss as Baylor’s head coach.

The Bears were playing for a bowl bid and hosting their senior day against their despised rival. TCU was beset with injuries and starting a third-string quarterback, Grayson Muehlstein. The Horned Frogs also had one healthy scholarship running back.

This should not have been close.

Baylor was simply out-coached, and TCU receiver Jalen Reagor scored two touchdowns on plays that make him an NFL prospect in a 16-9 victory.

Baylor can’t let this happen again."

Read that last sentence again. It's not an article saying how well the Frogs played. It's not an article about how the hometown team needs to step up to beat an undefeated rival. It's not even a fair and balanced piece of journalism, where he offers positive spin on both teams. This article could have been taken directly out of the baylor lariat or whatever their crap-stained student-run version of the Skiff is called, written by a freshman journalism major with an axe to grind because his girlfriend broke up with him and went to TCU.

Wes, I know he's a friend of yours, and I understand that you know him on a personal level, and that's cool. But this article, as most of them are, is nothing more than a sensationalist attempt to get readers to flock to him like flies on [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]. And yes, I know that means I fell for it which makes me a dumbass, but I wanted to try to give him the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, I was wrong to give him that chance.

He's a piece of [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].

Besides hating TCU, he probably figures if Baylor keeps winning, Baylor will become more and more a national story that he can use to his personal advantage as a sports writer in their region. IOW it’s all about the Mucker.

TCUBetterThanYou

I hope all you ST bashers are buying the pressboxdfw product that Gil and others are putting out there! Modern day FW Press. Blackie Sherrod, Danny Jenkins etc.

I haven’t lived in FW in years, but it seems like the ST has gone significantly downhill in the last 8-9 years.

I don’t pretend to know Amon Carter (the man) well, but something tells me he’s rolling in his damn grave every time Mac touches his keyboard.

DeuceBoogieNights

I've never found an outlet or writer on the internet worth paying for. You can almost always find the news you are looking for, for free. If I see something behind a paywall I can usually Google it and find the same information somewhere else.