• The KillerFrogs

FWST: If Alabama’s Jalen Hurts decides to transfer ... TCU could be “perfect landing spot”

Zubaz

If he hasn't, he's been living under a rock.

I've worn my TCU gear from Florida to New England to Seattle to San Diego -- even to Ontario, British Columbia, and Alaska -- and I've encountered nothing but recognition everywhere. They may know nothing else about us, but they've heard of TCU and know who we are. Haven't yet run across anybody who asks, "What is TCU?"

I suppose that's why every year TCU enrolls students from all 50 states. Even tiny states like Rhode Island and Vermont, or remote states like Alaska and Hawaii.

I think some of our alums still think of TCU as it was 25 years ago.
I'm fairly certain that a guy playing elite level college football is aware that the TCU Horned Frogs are a good football team.

I'm also fairly certain that when Hoosier said "let's see if he's heard of TCU", he was not being hyper literal and questioned if he has ever seen those three letters together or knows that we exist. I believe it was more in the sense of "Let's see if TCU is even on his radar", which is entirely fair.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I'm fairly certain that a guy playing elite level college football is aware that the TCU Horned Frogs are a good football team.

I'm also fairly certain that when Hoosier said "let's see if he's heard of TCU", he was not being hyper literal and questioned if he has ever seen those three letters together or knows that we exist. I believe it was more in the sense of "Let's see if TCU is even on his radar", which is entirely fair.

BINGO!

froginmn

When he posted, I said that I hope he doesn't really think that a player from Houston doesn't know about TCU. He responded as quoted, which left room for question.

I lived in Houston most of my life and plenty of people thought TCU and TSU were the same thing.

Mean Purple

If you would not want Hurts on our team, you're an idiot
would love to have the guy on our team. still not sure why he did not play the whold second half of the title game.
he handled himself really well this year.

my guess is he looks at the PAC

Raw Frog

If he wants to get closer to home, to allow his family to watch him play, which he will a lot if he comes here, we are a great fit.
Also, he has done the big state U deal, with all the people in the stands and the big campus and all of that....here is the Camden yard of college football in an intimate setting that has great weather and all the bells and whistles one would need to enjoy a last year of eligibility.

Eight

That said, I don't think folks are considering how good Max may be coming in.

for me it is the issue that of the preposition "may"

he has never taken a snap at this level, never faced a college defense, and even in the case of lawrence who was as good as any true freshman in recent memory he wasn't ready to completely take over at the start of clemson's season.

hurt isn't perfect, but he has played, started and won a number of games at the highest level and that has value.

ifrog

Laughing at any poster who would take our current QBs over Hurts. We already saw how that worked before with Hill right?