• The KillerFrogs

FWST: If Alabama’s Jalen Hurts decides to transfer ... TCU could be “perfect landing spot”

Chico Dusty

I think we just have to focus on who we have in the system - if Rogers is healthy, let him lead it. If not, let Duggan run it. I’m not saying don’t take a transfer, as depth is important, but I just don’t see a top transfer coming in.

Last edited:

FrogLifeYo

I think we just have to focus on who we have in the system - if Rogers is healthy, let him lead it. If not, let Duggan run it. I’m not saying don’t take a transfer, as depth important, but I just don’t see a top transfer coming in.

I think we are still a year away from JR ready to play at a high level. Most are saying his foot is still a pretty good ways from having solid mobility

SuperTFrog

I think we just have to focus on who we have in the system - if Rogers is healthy, let him lead it. If not, let Duggan run it. I’m not saying don’t take a transfer, as depth is important, but I just don’t see a top transfer coming in.
If Missouri can get two big transfers, certainly we can get one, right? Kenny Hill was a big name guy that we got. I am holding out hope we are going to land someone. I would be shocked if we don’t have a grad transfer come in.

Chico Dusty

If Missouri can get two big transfers, certainly we can get one, right? Kenny Hill was a big name guy that we got. I am holding out hope we are going to land someone. I would be shocked if we don’t have a grad transfer come in.

I’m not saying we can’t get one - or not a worthy program to get a top guy. Who is that guy though? What top guys are out there other than Hurts? We have 4-star, top 10 dual QB just stepped on campus today. Let’s get him ready and ride!

Deep Purple

Let’s see if he has even heard of TCU.
If he hasn't, he's been living under a rock.

I've worn my TCU gear from Florida to New England to Seattle to San Diego -- even to Ontario, British Columbia, and Alaska -- and I've encountered nothing but recognition everywhere. They may know nothing else about us, but they've heard of TCU and know who we are. Haven't yet run across anybody who asks, "What is TCU?"

I suppose that's why every year TCU enrolls students from all 50 states. Even tiny states like Rhode Island and Vermont, or remote states like Alaska and Hawaii.

I think some of our alums still think of TCU as it was 25 years ago.

Deep Purple

Book smart and common sense don’t always go hand in hand. It use to shock me on the amount of professors that I came across that were lacking in the common sense area, not anymore.
Second that.

In 25 years at TCU, most of the faculty I've known have ample common sense alongside academic brilliance. But there have been a handful who, however highly credentialed, barely had the wherewithal to tie their own shoes. You have to wonder just where they could make an actual living if it weren't for academia.

Deep Purple

Is Alabama 1st world?
be720ff0-1cfb-0133-466d-0a2ca390b447.gif

Eight

Second that.

In 25 years at TCU, most of the faculty I've known have ample common sense alongside academic brilliance. But there have been a handful who, however highly credentialed, barely had the wherewithal to tie their own shoes. You have to wonder just where they could make an actual living if it weren't for academia.

the obvious answer is politics

SuperTFrog

I've worn my TCU gear from Florida to New England to Seattle to San Diego -- even to Ontario, British Columbia, and Alaska -- and I've encountered nothing but recognition everywhere. They may know nothing else about us, but they've heard of TCU and know who we are. Haven't yet run across anybody who asks, "What is TCU?"

I suppose that's why every year TCU enrolls students from all 50 states. Even tiny states like Rhode Island and Vermont, or remote states like Alaska and Hawaii.

I think some of our alums still think of TCU as it was 25 years ago.

DA86BCF6-7A2B-4DB0-896B-D15B213A17F2.jpeg

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

I have. And I have lived in California, New England, Oklahoma, Illinois, Louisiana, NY and have travelled to every state except Hawaii. I grew up in Houston. And although I run into quite a few people that follow sports closely know something about TCU, I also come across people that have no clue or like several people recently that equated us with some Bible school. A few weeks go some guy at the gym asked if we were related to Florida Christian. I can only assume these people are not sports fans or are so wrapped up in their regional affiliations that they just don’t care or are just plain clueless. Just because your experience visiting places isn’t quite the same as living among people. And just because TCU has people attending from all over doesn’t mean they knew of us from some general knowledge in the universe. I know people in my office here were almost forced to learn since I made sure TCU Magazine was front and center on the table in reception.