• The KillerFrogs

FWST: How does Shawn Robinson’s first five games compare to other TCU QBs?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
How does Shawn Robinson’s first five games compare to other TCU QBs?

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

TCU isn’t happy about its two-game losing streak. Coach Gary Patterson and his staff have focused on the reasons why the Frogs have endured second-half collapses against Ohio Stateand Texas, and are determined to fix it with Iowa State visiting on Saturday.

The Frogs return to Amon G. Carter Stadium for the first time since Sept. 1, and will be looking to extend their home winning streak to eight games. Here’s five things to watch going into it –

1. Robinson’s rebound. Quarterback Shawn Robinson has turned the ball over six times in the last two games. He’s thrown five interceptions so far – all in the second half. That’s part of the developmental process of a young quarterback.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article219144985.html

froginmn

Dalton and Boykin went on to have great college careers, and there’s no reason to doubt Robinson won’t follow suit.

Let's see, and carry the one.... what the hell does that sentence say?

froginmn

I wouldn’t say there’s “no reason to doubt Robinson won’t follow suit.”

Unlike Dalton and Boykin, he will have two potentially elite QBs breathing down his neck next season.
I was just trying to understand the triple negative. I think "there's no reason to doubt he will follow suit" would have given SR more credit, no?

French Frog

At the end of the article is a great picture of Texas committing a penalty. Defender tackling Robinson with his hand inside the collar of his shoulder pads.

One day the Big 12 refs may get a clue.

Limey Frog

His sixth game felt a whole lot like that night in 2007 when redshirt freshman Andy Dalton threw an interception directly to a Utah DT. I sure hope his last game for TCU is a January day in Pasadena.