• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Hiring Gary Patterson a win for ex-TCU coach and a loss for Texas assistant | Opinion

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Hiring Gary Patterson a win for ex-TCU coach and a loss for Texas assistant | Opinion

FJcTGPdXsAAZlUz.jpg

BY Big Steaming Pile

Not long after seeing the viral photo of former TCU head football coach Gary Patterson wearing a Bevo logo on his white, long sleeve shirt at a Texas basketball game, Kenny Cain summed up the feelings on behalf of a lot of TCU people.

“Every TCU former defensive player will secretly be rooting for UT defense,” Cain wrote on his Facebook page on Wednesday.

Cain played for Patterson at TCU from 2009 to 2012.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article257504184.html#storylink=cpy

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Hiring Gary Patterson a win for ex-TCU coach and a loss for Texas assistant | Opinion

FJcTGPdXsAAZlUz.jpg

BY Big Steaming Pile

Not long after seeing the viral photo of former TCU head football coach Gary Patterson wearing a Bevo logo on his white, long sleeve shirt at a Texas basketball game, Kenny Cain summed up the feelings on behalf of a lot of TCU people.

“Every TCU former defensive player will secretly be rooting for UT defense,” Cain wrote on his Facebook page on Wednesday.

Cain played for Patterson at TCU from 2009 to 2012.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article257504184.html#storylink=cpy
Huh, odd, I know more than a few that will be doing the opposite.

Sangria Wine

Anybody who doesn’t understand how people with real live relationships could cheer for and hope success for the person they have a real live relationship with is a little off kilter. I’ll damn sure be cheering for GP to be successful at UT. Doesn’t mean I can’t also be cheering for TCU to win and be successful. I’ll also be cheering for Schloss to kick some ass and get the Aggies to the CWS. Same as I cheer for Randy Mazey and Todd Whitting to win at WVU and Houston. See, relationships cause that type of response. With people. Real live people. Players and coaches understand that. That’s why you see smiles and hugs and high fives among competitors even after the most disappointing of losses on the field. Angry message board jock sniffers apparently do not understand that games are just games, but relationships are what makes the world go round.

TAINTed frog

Anybody who doesn’t understand how people with real live relationships could cheer for and hope success for the person they have a real live relationship with is a little off kilter. I’ll damn sure be cheering for GP to be successful at UT. Doesn’t mean I can’t also be cheering for TCU to win and be successful. I’ll also be cheering for Schloss to kick some ass and get the Aggies to the CWS. Same as I cheer for Randy Mazey and Todd Whitting to win at WVU and Houston. See, relationships cause that type of response. With people. Real live people. Players and coaches understand that. That’s why you see smiles and hugs and high fives among competitors even after the most disappointing of losses on the field. Angry message board jock sniffers apparently do not understand that games are just games, but relationships are what makes the world go round.
Perhaps you’re not understanding what being a “fan” is versus being in a “real life relationship” with someone is.

Fan is short for fanatic…

Your friendship with ex-TCU coaches is awesome for you. For the average “fan” that is not remotely the case.

Perhaps you’re a little off kilter with your understanding of the normal relationship with fans and their schools?

Virginia Frog

Too much Sangria. Way, way too much.
I don't care if Moses comes back to Earth and coaches Notre Dame, I want them to lose every game.

Former TCU coaches that go on to other jobs, that's nice and friendly and the like to care about them. When they compete vs the Horned Frogs or if their wins can in any way negatively effect the respective TCU team in the conference standings or in polls, I want them to lose and lose bad.

Yep, I'm selfish and want TCU to win EVERY game/match/competition.

I won't be cheering for GP (Schloss, others) if they're competing against us in the TCU universe. Final answer!

Last edited:

4th. down

Rooting for the UT defense because Gary is a defensive analyst?

Ridiculous
IMO, he thinks he's justified by shooting us the finger. Sure we fired him, but he also walked away with about $70 mil. Sonny, put in mucho work this spring on the Wheel Route, and in the huddle Max can just say GP Wheel on 2.

Moose Stuff

I’ll be rooting for A&M to scheissing go 0-60.

PineyWoodsFrog

Me not rooting for UT has nothing to do with GP. I chose to be a Frog over being a Longhorn during recruitment in high school and it was an easy decision for me. The dislike for that university and its people is ingrained in me and has only grown during the years we've been in the Big 12 because they've been so shocked and embarrassed that the lil o Frogs could ever been better than them. I disliked them before this week's events and GP showing up there is not going to change that.