• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Highly-touted safety Atanza Vongor is likely out for year. Here’s how TCU replaces him

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Highly-touted safety Atanza Vongor is likely out for year. Here’s how TCU replaces him

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

TCU’s secondary depth has taken a blow in fall camp.

Highly-touted freshman safety Atanza Vongor is expected to miss the season with an injury, coach Gary Patterson said on Friday.

Patterson did not disclose the injury, but tried to spin it in a positive light.

“It’s one of those things … great part about having a redshirt,” Patterson said. “Still get involved and do things.”

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article216448350.html

FrogLifeYo

Hate to see a young guy get hurt but a year of watching and learning isn’t a bad thing for a young player...Especially at the Safety position which is brutally hard to play in GPs system. Let hope he gets well soon..

I think this will be the most depth we’ve had in a while in the back 5...

Eight

curious as the articles say he is most likely out for the year.

with the new red-shirt rule and without knowing the injury if possibly we could see young mr. vonger in the last few games of the year. obviously the type of injury would dictate, but i would think this is another example of why gary and other coaches were such a big fan of the rule change.

player gets hurt early, misses the bulk of the season, but can play a few games which keeps him mentally in the process and attached to the teams as well as allows him to carry that late season game experience in to the spring

stbrab

curious as the articles say he is most likely out for the year.

with the new red-shirt rule and without knowing the injury if possibly we could see young mr. vonger in the last few games of the year. obviously the type of injury would dictate, but i would think this is another example of why gary and other coaches were such a big fan of the rule change.

player gets hurt early, misses the bulk of the season, but can play a few games which keeps him mentally in the process and attached to the teams as well as allows him to carry that late season game experience in to the spring
I think that’s exactly what Coach P meant.