• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Gary Patterson on loss to Texas Tech: ‘There’s only one person to blame. That’s me.’

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Gary Patterson on loss to Texas Tech: ‘There’s only one person to blame. That’s me.’

BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

FORT WORTH – Gary Patterson put the blame on himself and the coaching staff Thursday night.

TCU gave up two big plays on defense and the offense sure didn’t make Texas Tech’s worst-ranked defense in the Big 12 look like it by scoring just two touchdowns.

In the end, Tech held on for a 17-14 victory over TCU at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

“There’s only one person to blame – that’s me,” Patterson said to open his postgame remarks. “I allowed two big plays.”

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article219865935.html

BleedNPurple

That was another stinko game. Looked like a purple and white scrimmage except with the usual tons of turnovers. I’m thinking 4- 7 this year.

Mean Purple

“Great players make great plays, good players make good plays, bad players make bad plays,” Patterson said. “Everyone’s got to be a good or great player. That’s what we need if you want to be on the field, or we’re making a mistake putting you on the field.”

but... but...the future...

4 Oaks Frog

“Great players make great plays, good players make good plays, bad players make bad plays,” Patterson said. “Everyone’s got to be a good or great player. That’s what we need if you want to be on the field, or we’re making a mistake putting you on the field.”

but... but...the future...
Wow! That is a direct shot at Robinson. Last I heard Cumby works for Patterson. Looks like if Cumby doesn’t do with Robinson what needs to be done, something should be done with Cumby. Gary...for Gods sake! You are the boss. Don’t just take the blame. Do something about it!
GO FROGS!
BEAT 4 more!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

CountryFrog

Wow! That is a direct shot at Robinson. Last I heard Cumby works for Patterson. Looks like if Cumby doesn’t do with Robinson what needs to be done, something should be done with Cumby. Gary...for Gods sake! You are the boss. Don’t just take the blame. Do something about it!
GO FROGS!
BEAT 4 more!
I don't know how you turn what GP said into what you just said.

4 Oaks Frog

I don't know how you turn what GP said into what you just said.
Perhaps by reading between the lines. LHCGMFP said, . “Everyone’s got to be a good or great player. That’s what we need if you want to be on the field, or we’re making a mistake putting you on the field.”
Perhaps he was talking about more than just Shaun, but nose on your face tells you he is talking mostly about Shaun. Gary has to slam the door on Cumby, and have him make the call on Shaun’s poor play. Not good or great= not on the field. That not what I said. It is what coach said...
GO FROGS!
BEAT land grabbers!

West Coast Johnny

I said it in the other thread.... Patterson needs to start acting like the coach of the whole team and not just the defense...

"There's only one person to blame - that's me," Patterson said to open his postgame remarks. "I allowed two big plays."

CountryFrog

Perhaps by reading between the lines. LHCGMFP said, . “Everyone’s got to be a good or great player. That’s what we need if you want to be on the field, or we’re making a mistake putting you on the field.”
Perhaps he was talking about more than just Shaun, but nose on your face tells you he is talking mostly about Shaun. Gary has to slam the door on Cumby, and have him make the call on Shaun’s poor play. Not good or great= not on the field. That not what I said. It is what coach said...
GO FROGS!
BEAT land grabbers!
I'm not saying you're wrong because I will never attempt to crawl inside the mind of GP and decipher anything he says. But you're definitely doing A LOT of reading between the lines.